.52 Rendering oddities with different frequecies

Started by Saga Musix, September 20, 2008, 11:50:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
not tested

Description of the bug:
i tested the 4front piano module VSTi and spotted some problems when rendering to wav. As a soundcard output, I use 48khz. I rendered my test song to a 44khz wav file. In the rendered version, the piano part is played too low (detuned).

How often does it happen?:
Always with this plugin.

Edit: Moved to the issue tracker: http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=23
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I'm very sure this issue is VSTi related. Can you test if you get the same issue if you just alter your sound to 44khz (playback)?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

well, i would not have claimed that it is frequency related if i had not tested it. ;) of course it works correctly at 44khz soundcard playback. this is quite strange and should happen as the soundcard is not involved in rendering...?!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.