Females and tracking

Started by Relabsoluness, January 05, 2006, 13:56:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hartman

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"To go semi-off topic, and since most of us are men, I got a question.

Whats the dumbest thing a girl has ever made you do? And getting married doesn't count  :lol:

make me beleive that everything stupid that happens in this world is a direct cause of being a man. Most arguments between men and women end up like this..."you're right dear".  You know that isn't the woman.
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

DustWolf

Quote from: "rncekel"As far as I know, the way women put order in their things is a  complete and unsolvable mistery for men. And I think it is also the other way round; women can't understand the really easy way we put our things in order. So, an application made for women would probably be useless for men, only for women, just as apps made by men tend to be used only by men.

Hahahah...  :D You guys are impossible.

Well realistically, I think while I have been good at tampering with electronical devices since birth and I've only seen a few examples of girls doing quite the same, you can see that most girls who have technical jobs are impossibly better at truning around numbers and doing those things quickly than I ever would have been.

While the question what a tracker-app would be like if a girl made it is sort of funny, I think... First of rule, nothing saying it would be any diffirent than as it is now. Maybe supplied with a pink bunnies / cats skin by default yeah, lol. Maybe it would have less ugly stacked buttons, no hex and the keyboard layout fully compatible with input only thru the numpad, hehe. It would probably be more purpose-built... aaand it would be open source from the beggining so somebody could do the code snippets that they couldn't have figured out... :lol:

Okay, nuff sillyness... does anybody know any female software devolopers? I know one or two girls who work with electonics and I might add, quite well.

Squirrel Havoc

I got a serious question about what you guys think about something about women (yes, I actually said "about" 3 times in one sentence). Just thought I would get some input as to why.

Ok, I'm 27, and I've had some experience with women. Most of it bad of course, but some good. In my 27 years, I've noticed something. When women are choosing a mate, they tend to pay attention to stupid things. Such as what kind of car you drive, if you have a job, what you look like, if you live alone, and damn I can't think of the others, but I KNOW you know what I'm talking about. I tell them the same thing every time "That stuff has nothing to do with whether you will have a happy, lasting relationship". Here's my question: Why? Why does this crap matter? What does it mean?

Even though this is a serious question, I expect the usual anti-women stuff to show up, so as long as it's funny or true, go for it! But really, does anyone know why?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

I've actually had some discussions with females about this subject. They seem to do this instinctly, because they are looking for a stable environment for when they get pregnant. They'll look about things like: will this man be a good father to the child and will it be possible to get the child strong and old... (stuff like that)

If the man isn't able to produce enough money, they fear that the child will miss something.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Wow, that actually made sense. But not all women I am hearing this from want children. Although it's very hard to find a woman who doesn't want kids  :(
-

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

I find women want guys who are sensitive... and have emotions... that kinda thing. And im 14 and i already know that :P
Eat... Its good for you.

Squirrel Havoc

I find those women are full of shit, because I am a nice guy and I have rarely had girlfriends. My brother is an asshole who beats his women and cheats on them, then rubs that in their faces, and he has had many many many many girlfriends, some even long term. But I don't blame you Cruk, when I was 14, I thought that's what women wanted too, thats why I conditioned myself to become a nice guy, just to find out it was a waste of time. Man, i hate myself sometimes  :lol:

PS: Can you guys tell I love to get personal?  :P
-

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"PS: Can you guys tell I love to get personal?  :P

Uh, I think I can...

"I love to get personal?"  :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "LPChip"

Uh, I think I can...

Yeah, sorry about getting personal on your forums, but I have few friends to talk to, can ya tell?  8)
-

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"
Quote from: "LPChip"

Uh, I think I can...

Yeah, sorry about getting personal on your forums, but I have few friends to talk to, can ya tell?  8)

Hey, its cool. A discussion board is to express yourself using words. I just make sure it keeps being clean ;)

LOL: Someone to me: What do you do in your spare time? I clean stuff. Guy: Oh? what do you clean? Me: Forums :P :lol:

Squirrel Havoc

Well if you mean clean as in profane language, I might break that one every once in a while, to make a point. But if you mean clean as in non-sexual, don't worry, I won't go there  :oops:
-

rncekel

Maybe this helps you: when I was 27 I thought and felt like you now (more or less). Then, (in January) I met a girl and we hated each other inmediately. We didn't met until the next month (February) at a ballet, and we thought that it wasn't so bad. We began to met each weekend, to go with a pair of friends of us. And in May we decide to marry next October (I remember when I told my mother I was going to marry; her question was "Whom?"). And we made it; 21 years after that we are still together, and happy (more or less).

Louigi Verona

music composing is mostly men throughout history of mankind. i think that explains lack of girls tracking music.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"music composing is mostly men throughout history of mankind. i think that explains lack of girls tracking music.

True, but women have had different kinds of roles in history, now they do the same things men do
-

Sam_Zen

It's quite obvious that the percentage of women involved in tracking or composing in general will be a minor one.
One of the reasons of course being that the shape, the rules, the presence, of such tools, is made by men.
Maybe a more appealing question would be :
Is there any significant difference in reception between males and females if you present your composition ?