Females and tracking

Started by Relabsoluness, January 05, 2006, 13:56:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

2LPChip
Nice idea .. Never thought of that. I think I will test this out to surprise myself.  :D

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2LPChip
Nice idea .. Never thought of that. I think I will test this out to surprise myself.  :D

LOL! We're a bunch of silly guys (and perhaps a girl or two?), aren't we?

EDIT: added this () to be ontopic :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Matt Hartman

Without getting into names there are or were a handful of female trackers out there. Some of which I've actually coordinated with (musically) in the past. Some of which are very skilled, others would need great improvement. Yet, in general, this can also be said for anyone who tracks, whether that be male or female.

I've researched the topic of the differences between males and females and their approach to various similar situations and tasks. For the interest of this topic, I'll briefly point out key factors that may explain the fact that there are less female trackers than their male counterparts, and furthermore, less female composers throughout documented history. There is method to madness at play.

The human male is generally characterized by having keen abilities to focus on one task for extended periods of time, whilst blocking out the sensory overload that both sexes experience on a continual basis. He is more likely to be less distracted by outside sources. Men are more adept at logic and placing things into 3 dimensional space. They are far more interested in 'things' and how they work, rather than people, and how they work.

In general, the male lacks in communication skills that involves other people's feelings, thoughts, emotions. (including his own) He is far more likely to handle negative situations with verbal frustration and physically violent encounters (mainly with other males)  His is more likely to become abruptly confrontational in moderate situations that involve subtlty and a sense of reservation. He is far less sensitive and empathetic to others, including himself. He is far more competitive, almost every task becomes either a mental or physical challenge.

In the fetal development, the male is more likely to stem a chemical rejection from it's host mother's chemistry. This is why we see more mental retardation in males then females. Some believe this is why a male's life span is typically shorter than that of a female, in addition to factors post birth.

In general, females excel in the area of verbal and intuitive communication. They are able to multi-task with great ease as they capacitate the use of both hemispheres of their brains (hence why they say women are smarter) so long as the tasks are short and logically uncomplicated.

They are super sharp in their 5 senses, which technically and as a result makes them more sensitive and ultimately empathetic to others. Including themselves. This is as to say, "they are more in-touch".

However, because their senses are more "tuned- in", they are far more likely to become distracted in tasks that involve a high degree of concentration and endurance of time from outside sources. They lack the ability of higher logic, as their sense of 3 dimensional space is cloudy at best. They are more impulsive to their emotional responses and the emotional responses of others, which further counters steady logic and reasoning.  

They are more likely to experience the feeling of guilt, even in situations where the guilt should not be their own. Which can make them at times seem indecisive and illogical.

Now, these are very basic and very generalized characteristics. Most men and women will carry traits of both sexes to various mixtures, depending on each person's biological make up. However, PH chemistry, which wires the brain at fetal development, strongly dictates the differences between the sexes and ultimately how each sex perceives the world around them with their unique set of tools.

I know a lot of people like to compare the sexes, pointing out each others weakness as a way to feel superior over the other. I strongly advise to evaluate each person as a unique individual amongst themselves. If you shove a person in a classification bracket, you have essentially removed the acknowledgment that they are unlike anyone else in the universe.

All this taken into account may explain why they are less females trackers than male trackers, and why they are less female composers in general.

With the obvious notion of having musical ability, the composition of music requires a great deal of logic and patience. It requires the ability to envision music in 3 dimensional form and to block ones self from outside distraction. The tracker itself, is a mental challenge and virtual 'object'.
The nature of tracking sites is extremely competitive and extremely male.

In essence, tracking is a Man's beast of luxury or burden, depending on how you view it.

To the aid of those few female trackers, some of them were excellent at evoking emotion through their music. What they lacked in structure and technicality, they made up with passion and drive for the love of their music, rather than the adoration and respect of their peers.
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

Matt Hartman

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"This conversation leaves me curious, is there anything out there thats the opposite, like more women then men do it? Cuz I can't think of anything.

Women are far more reliable to listen to your needs than you are to listen to theirs. And they typically are aware of this. In their view, this makes you somewhat unintelligent, emotionally speaking. But then again, emotional intellect to a woman is what logic is to a man. If we judge one another on the basis of our own intellect, of course the other will seem like a dumb ass.  :?:

Women do give birth, which puts their bodies and emotions through hell.  :twisted:

Whereas he may feel his biggest sacrifice in life was taking that office job that pays well, but he hates, she may feel her biggest sacrifice was giving up her grace and beauty. Because a lot of women feel they are less desireable to men after they give birth. Whether that's true or not is in the eye of the beholder.

Life is pretty paired with balance. It's ridiculous to point out weaknesses of others when we have plently of our own.  :wink:

Matt Hartman

Quote from: "LPChip"
LOL! We're a bunch of silly guys (and perhaps a girl or two?), aren't we?
:lol:

Not to make this a totally serious topic,

We're not as silly as women would have you believe. We are inherently men, in all our glory and not so glory. We were designed to function like men, not women.

Women tend to expect men to act and feel more like women. This is bad news which can only result in the natural will for a man to be a man. After a while he will implode or explode in some fashion.

As innocent as "pussy whipping" may seem. Make no mistake of it, it's wrong, it imprisons the soul.

The problem is Men are often aggressive in their needs instead of assertive. This can make men seem like pigs instead of people who love themselves and assert that into self respect.

A mature women wants sincerity, not a pimped out fool. But because men send out mixed, confused signals in their confusion of what women want, women feel like that have to put a leash on you because she can't have you pissing on the floor. At that point it's an uphill climb to break away from that bad cycle of control. She gets the attention she wants and you keep getting laid. Though that may seem like a good trade off, that's not a true loving relationship, or self respect/love and respect/love for others.

Men, be aware.
Women, stop it, you're only getting what you want to hear.

Squirrel Havoc

You know, sometimes I wonder if anyone out there understands why I don't date. I think I found a guy :)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

rncekel

That may surprise you: there are more women than men studying Chemical Engineerings (at least, in the last 20 years) in Madrid.
I have thought a lot about this, and have asked other teachers, and I have found that there is a relation (at least, statistically) between interest in chemistry and in cooking. Almost all the teachers of chemistry here (men or women) like cooking. In contrast, I haven't found even a single teacher of Mathematics that like either cooking or Chemistry.
And not only that: at least in Madrid there are more women studying Medicine or Pharmacia than men, since a long time ago. And more women teaching in school than men.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "rncekel"more women teaching in school than men.

Same here in the states, women care about people learning more, especially children, so they are more apt to become teachers.
-

Anonymous

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"
Quote from: "rncekel"more women teaching in school than men.

Same here in the states, women care about people learning more, especially children, so they are more apt to become teachers.

Not to start a sex war, but in GENERAL, men care first about themselves. This is also true for women, yet women will show it less in a mask of empathy for others.

I don't beleive this is contary to nature. I beleive afteral, we are here to enlighten ourselves through expereince. You can only have knowledge of other's experiences, but you never can have the expereince yourself, just through knowledge. Expereince completes the equation, the compass of knowledge.

I see women in roles that are typically considered "Man-like" as well as the opposite. This is largely due to the fact that human rights have been or will be established throughout the world. This lends windows to all.

However, on a basic human level, I still do beleive that generally, Men and women will default to their DNA. We already see it happening. Intelligent, working Mothers CHOOSING to return to the home front.

Women's idea of success is different from that of a man.

rncekel

Or may be: intelligent women and men (like me and my wife) dividing the work at home not depending on the genre, but on the capacities of each person? For example, we both work out and inside home. Maybe that it's me who spend more time with the children, but that's only because I have more patience.
Women that CHOOSE to leave their works are not an argument; there are also drogadicts that CHOOSE keep taking drugs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "rncekel"Or may be: intelligent women and men (like me and my wife) dividing the work at home not depending on the genre, but on the capacities of each person? For example, we both work out and inside home. Maybe that it's me who spend more time with the children, but that's only because I have more patience.
Women that CHOOSE to leave their works are not an argument; there are also drogadicts that CHOOSE keep taking drugs.

True enough!

My at home situation with my wife is not much different from your own. I'm a freelance Graphic Designer and I work out of my home. My wife is an administrative assistant and works outside of the home. Since we really can't afford the insane costs of child care, by default the children are under my care, more like supervision since the majority of my time at home is consumed in work.

What I've explained wouldn't suggest a 1950's "hunny I'm home" scenario. Like yourself, the responsibilities of raising house and home are shuffled between the both of us. For instance, we both cook, we both clean, we both teach our children valuable lessons and learn a thing or two from it ourselves. However, my wife brings home the bigger chunk of bacon without a doubt. My income is sporadic, and I have to make sure I save from those "good" months for those inetivable "slow" months, or else we scrape the barrel.

My wife has been quite unhappy with her role. She's been feeling that natural curve to stay home with the children. I'd say we both have about an equal amount of patience as well as impatience. My discipline methods vary little compared to hers. We are both nurturing in our respective ways, she is a little bit more.

But I'm going crazy too! I can't help feel I should be the one out there and she would be better suited to stay home with them.

I guess what I'm saying is working life sucks anyway you dice it.
There's places in Europe that have it figured out. The work day is shorter, the pay is higher and there's far more emphasis on family than capitalism like there is in the States.

Anyway...

Squirrel Havoc

Funny how this topic worked out, it was just a simple question about women trackers, now it's turned into a life philosophy thingy. Good stuff though...
-

Relabsoluness

<>

Dragonfly

Lol, I am a girl, and im actually tracking, im not so good yet, im learning. I tought that it wold be good to register here.

Hmm, I never been like most girl tho, i was different ^^
Why ask me?

LPChip

Quote from: "Dragonfly"Lol, I am a girl, and im actually tracking, im not so good yet, im learning. I tought that it wold be good to register here.

Hmm, I never been like most girl tho, i was different ^^

Nice! And welcome to a wonderfull place. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs