.52 .it file does not load (+ perfect SBx test :)

Started by Saga Musix, September 14, 2008, 18:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

WHATSB0.it has been created in Impulse Tracker and does not load in OpenMPT. If you get this working, you may also check if the loop behaviour of the SBx effects in the patterns is the same (read: funky) as in the original Tracker. :)

EDIT: Fixed in current SVN code.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"This .IT file has been created in Impulse Tracker and does not load in OpenMPT.
For some reason, MPT and OpenMPT stops reading IT-file if it doesn't have any samples. That IT-file doesn't have any so it doesn't get loaded.

Quote from: "Jojo"...check if the loop behaviour of the SBx effects in the patterns is the same (read: funky) as in the original Tracker. :)
Loop behaviour seems the same when played with IT-compatibility flag.

psishock

QuoteFor some reason, MPT and OpenMPT stops reading IT-file if it doesn't have any samples.

ouch, thats not nice :wink:
i'm sure, that there can be some cases when you need to distribute only the pattern data. (haven't needed personally yet)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Bug confirmed.
Not nice ? This is quite bad.
I still consider the pattern data as the core of the composition, not the used instruments. The score.

This is not only a handicap for distribution.
(Haven't used it either so far, but I had ideas about a compo-format where the attendants only get the fixed pattern-data,
but can make their own ensemble to play the piece, by adding their instruments.)
The same is valid for local compositional techniques, Opening a file with the pattern data as basic, and saving different performances.

psishock

QuoteNot nice ? This is quite bad.
i was tried to be as nice as possible ::)

QuoteI still consider the pattern data as the core of the composition
I second that. But, apart from that, i also consider essential your original VST(i) configuration, your very own sounds. (what are luckily always saved, no matter if you're having pattern data or not  :D )

Saga Musix

as long as you make a "sample-less" module with modplug, this is ok as modplug always has a dummy sample in slot 1. It just doesn't work with empty .its created in IT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

yup, it would be very irritating if you make a file with OMPT, save it and couldn't load after. =)

Sam_Zen