Time stretcher is going to be removed?

Started by Saga Musix, September 14, 2008, 18:22:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote from: "SVN Update"- pitch shift/time stretch is gone. Can be enabled by disabling definition NO_XSOUNDLIB and adding xsoundlib.lib to linking.
May I ask for the reason, relabsoluness? :)
Am I just getting this wrong or will the time stretch unit on the sample screen be removed?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

(Note: The post was moved to "General development chatter")

You're not getting it wrong -- it is removed at least for the time being due to license incompatibility.

psishock

(u can still use the older OMPT versions, setup your time stretch if needed that badly , save and return to the new version ;) )
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Hello, Mister Obvious called. :P
Anyway, I don't know exactly what the license issues are, but there's a really good stretcher by Paul O. Nasca which is released under the GPL:
http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

älskling

"realtime" pitch shifting would be rad.

psishock

:shock: that's what notes do in trackers, they shift sample pitch in real time. =)

älskling

Quote from: "psishock":shock: that's what notes do in trackers, they shift sample pitch in real time. =)
That's what I would call resampling, but then again I never get along well with the the latest fancy buzz-words.  :) What I meant was changing the pitch without altering the duration of the sample.