What does this number do? (pattern editor)

Started by Skaven, September 11, 2008, 05:27:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Skaven

This one here, in the corner of the sequence editor:

Oh, and what does the mysterious text field in the sample editor do?

These remain a mystery to me.  :o

Sam_Zen

As you say, the first one is a mystery to me too.
The second one I wasn't able to find, either XM or IT format.

LPChip

The first one allows you to keep your order list visible for x amount of patterns when you have a long orderlist.

Basically if you set it to 2, there always will be 2 next patterns visible.

Set it to 20, and then click on the most right pattern in the orderlist, and you'll notice that it selects it, and then you see the next 20 patterns. :)

(I hope thats clear enough :P)

The second box is not present with me. I think this was visible in a build prior to .52 and that it was forgotton to be removed. What version are you using?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Skaven"This one here, in the corner of the sequence editor:
Sets sequence 'margins' i.e. the number of items to show at least in front of and after active item. Currently behaves a bit badly when using large margins (increases possibility to accidentally move items when simply wanting to choose one), and was originally put there only as quick solution -- is to be removed(at least from its current position in pattern tab).

Quote from: "Skaven"Oh, and what does the mysterious text field in the sample editor do?
Makes people curious :) It was used for testing at some point and was forgotten to be removed; is removed in latest test builds.

Skaven

Ahh, very handy feature (the margins, not the mysterious text field). Thanks! :)

Saga Musix

I just read in the latest changelog (TortoiseSVN) that an error when clicking patterns in the margin would move them will be fixed in the new version. :) Also some other margin-specific stuff which i didn't get... :nuts:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.