Old free sound editor on ModPlug.com in 2000-2002

Started by Valet2, September 08, 2008, 13:57:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Valet2

There was a lite and free sound editor on older MPC site. I don't remember its name, but have to find it. Anyone remember that one?
--- Old Habits Never Die ---

bvanoudtshoorn

Welcome to the forums, Valet2! :)

What sort of functionality do you need? I doubt you'll find the same program, and, if you do, it might not run properly on more modern systems. In the meantime, why not try something like Audacity, which is free (and open-source), and runs on just about anything?

LPChip

I'm quite sure you're after wavosaur, which is still being developed too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

I'm quite sure it's SoundEngine Free, at least it was featured on the MPC frontpage a couple of years ago. Seems to be updated since then.

Valet2

Yes, that's SoundEngine. Thanks a lot! This is just for fun - personally I use SoundForge for many years.

P.S. I'm on ModPlug since 2000 (also as musician, but it all has been lost after site reincarnation).
--- Old Habits Never Die ---

älskling

Quote from: "Valet2"P.S. I'm on ModPlug since 2000 (also as musician, but it all has been lost after site reincarnation).
Don't forget to come here and post once in a while, the more the merrier!

Sam_Zen

Welcome aboard, Valet2

Well, all 3 options already are mentioned. I've not much experience with the apps, because I use CEP.
I've found Audacity still a bit unstable.
Good reason for me to update the versions of SoundEngine and Wavosaur.

The first one has more options. and has a bigger filesize than the second.
But Wavosaur claims to handle VST plugins and multichannel files.
I think it depends in the end on the personal demands of the user, which one to choose as the main app.

LPChip

Wavosaur doesn't just claim to handle VST plugins, it really does! :D

I mainly use it so I can apply an Electri-Q over my track to compensate for anything. Also, if you download vorbis.dll, you can import .ogg files directly into the app.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs