Good Bye, Nectarine

Started by Saga Musix, September 09, 2008, 20:34:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I suppose that some of you have been listening to Nectarine - the unique demoscene radio - for years, just like me. Now I have to say that those times are probably gone forever...

QuoteThis morning a script kiddie hacked nectarine.
He did post a hint on the vulnerability in the oneliner before trashing everything.
The whole Database is deleted, backup too. The only one i have is from august.

The vulnerability was coming from multipage class i used.

My motivation is too low to fight against lamers again.

If you are a donor, maybe could you unsubscribe your paypal donation.

Sorry guys, but i don't have enough free time to restore everything and i don't have enough money to pay hosting alone.

Friendly

Yes aka Christophe

EDIT: OMG, 1000th post!!! :lol:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

LPChip

Thats indeed sad news. I have listened occasionally to the radio station.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Bombman71

:(  :(  :(  :(
I hope someone can pick it up.
Maybe more than one person could handle this.
I hope there is a backup of the music at least.

--BM

psishock

uh oh :cry:
i didn't listened to that channel, but it always makes me sad, when something important is destroyer beyond repairs by people who simply don't care about art, other's feelings, or anything valuable in life.
That step (deleting EVERYTHING) from that guy was really uncool.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

KrazyKatz

I think we should give it some time to let the guy recover from the shock of such a frustrating dilemma. We should all Email our support in a few weeks, and maybe we can generate enough enthusiasm to get things running again.

Is there any way to contact him?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Saga Musix

Yes is reachable via MSN and i already talked with him. However, we are currently trying to gather people to recode the whole thing - if anyone is interested, there is a forum to discuss stuff at http://www.scenemusic.pl/
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.