.52 MPT Octave offset affects MIDI In notes

Started by Saga Musix, April 26, 2008, 17:42:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Not tested.

Description of the bug:
If you modify the Ocatve Offset in modplug to something else than 4, it will also affect MIDI In note messages. This is not really necessary or wanted. If i want to transpose MIDI notes, I can also change the octave settings of my synthesizer.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Hmm, I can't change the octave settings for midi messages I receive or send.

Yes, I have a pitch setting ranging from -6 to +6 but nothing for real octaves. (and they don't change midi messages, only the internals)

I guess this feature (whereever it is) is very handy. I don't consider this a bug actually.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"Hmm, I can't change the octave settings for midi messages I receive or send.
What keyboard do you have?

LPChip

Quote from: "älskling"
Quote from: "LPChip"Hmm, I can't change the octave settings for midi messages I receive or send.
What keyboard do you have?

Yamaha  PSR-740 (which actually has a transpose setting from -12 to +12) but doesn't support the midi octave part

and a Roland FP-2 which is the one I was talking about earlier.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"...make it optional then? :D
It is already - "transpose external midi keyboard" setting in MIDI setup :)

Saga Musix

Changing the octave in the toolbar must have been the only option i left out when i checked what that option means... :shock: