Extended macro parameter range

Started by psishock, August 13, 2008, 02:43:17

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

As i noticed, OMPT currently can only assign macros to parameters 0 - 383.
I'm wondering, would it be hard to extend that range, cause i happened to use vsti-s with 1000+ parameters, and i cannot automate any of them from 383+.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

I would expect this to be possible with the #?? option, but I'm not sure though.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

i guess it's not, it rather appears to me as a limitation in the Zxx config dialog.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Now that we have PC Notes, I consider this request obsolete. However, I can elaborate a bit on why this limit actually exists.
All internal MIDI messages are 4 bytes long, of which the first 3 bytes determine which internal "device" ("devices" in this context are cutoff control, reso control, filter mode control, dry/wet ratio and plugin parameter automation) is used. So theoretically there are 128 automatable parameters left (the high bit of the last byte is unused). However, there are two variants of the first two bytes, of which one indicates that the macro is an "extended" macro. This extended macro is used for accessing parameters 128 through 383. Now theoretically one could add more extended macros, but I'm not sure what kind of consequences this would bring and if it's necessary at all.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.