[Trance]Decapod(mp3)

Started by Harbinger, August 04, 2008, 06:55:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Decapod

An experimentation with the Invader VSTi, which uses a lot of modulation as its signature. The "chirping radio" noise (the only way i can describe it) in the music, and its variations, play throughout.

Your job is to figure out why it's called Decapod. Otherwise, i am interested how it passes through the ears of others. Just accept the license, which is basically this: listen to it for yourself, just don't claim it or try to make money off of it. Then D/L it. More quality music from Aeon.

UPDATE: Due to her extensive help in the progression of this song, plus it was very instrumental in teaching her how to track, i'm reassigning the license of this song to Tassel of Blue. It is now hers.

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, it's in 10/4. :)

I do quite like the "chirping radio noise", as you describe it, although it does become a tad grating after a while. :/ I think that the 10/4 works quite well for the atmosphere. It's still a multiple of 2/4, so it doesn't sound "odd", but it's still unusual enough to make you prick up your ears and say "hey - that's in 10/4!" :) I think that the track's weak point is the bass. It seems a bit too "run of the mill" - the standard offbeat pattern, a traditional sound. Other than that, I enjoyed the track. Nice work again, Harbinger.

Sam_Zen

I'm a bit ambivalent about this. Just to listen to it, it works very nice.
But I don't recognize the claim about a 10/4 or something like that. As BvO states, it's just plain 2/4 what's going on.
The aspect of the number 5 or 10 involved maybe is due to the chord-changes along, but it has no rhythm accent consequences.

uncloned

I'm not sure what to think about this

I generally don't like trance - but because it is often not well done and bores me

however this has some interesting evolution but in strange ways

You are an interesting person and composer Harbinger

Harbinger

Boring and repetitive is often the trademark of dance music especially trance. But the traditionalist in me can't help but make variations on a theme. so i make the music evolve by layers. And yes, you're right: the meter is 10/4 (or 5 bars of 2/4), a result of expanding the opening motif.

Use for background music. Or at a party.