Enharmonic Notation

Started by pathovore, July 29, 2008, 11:56:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Starting from r5667, it is now finally possible to switch between sharp and flat accidentals even without resorting to custom tunings.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Wow! Long forgot about this one! I could still use it for my concertos.

But how does it work? Is there a toggle button in the icons to switch?

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Oh, it doesn't look like the FR has been completely satisfied (I assumed too much). The original FR was for changing the apparent key in the middle of a pattern, but this new feature is to simply change the DEFAULT set of accidentals, correct?

So for now the only workaround is to dupe one instrument and set the tuning to one different than the original. But when inputting notes, one must change between the two instruments to change the apparent key.

Saga Musix

It doesn't say anything about patterns. It said something about not changing existing notes but that's not technically possible. A C# is a C# in memory, no matter if it's displayed as a C# or Db. There is no way to change it just for some notes but not others (unless you use different instrument tunings). Having this outside custom tunings won't happen.