Started by Rizimar, July 29, 2008, 00:01:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizimar

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s):
OpenMPT v1.17.02.28

Description of the bug:
When using VSTis, there's a hiss that comes out of either the left, right, or both channels simultaneously. It's a really soft sound that fades in randomly and then fades out

How often does it happen?:
It happens about once per minute with the resulting noise lasting a second or two

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Load up any VSTi and have ModPlug Tracker play a tune with it for a few minutes and it will happen.

LPChip

I'm working alot with VST's and VSTi's, and I have a very good sound setup. I have never noticed a hiss though, so I suspect it to be an issue with one of the plugins you're using, or possibly something else connected to your computer (microphone?)

Can you make sure that playing with only samples doesn't give you the hiss?

Can you then make sure that a track with just one VSTi or VST will also produce the hiss?

Can you then replace this VSTi or VST for another and make sure that there still is a hiss?

It is possible that you have a VST plugin set to the master or something that enhances a noisefloor present in one of the VSTi's output.

Its also possible that you're using a plugin that has a demo feature (eg. not registered means adding some irritating noise to the sound)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rizimar

Damn, you're right. One of my plugins is a demo. I went to its website, and it says

QuoteThe Demos are fully functional. The only restriction that applies to demo versions is that they emit a noise about once every minute.

Thanks for your time!

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs