.47 Sxy misses ability to set filter

Started by LPChip, May 18, 2007, 12:52:09

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.047

Description of the bug:
I honestly can't say exactly how it is, as I'm at work at the moment. The thing is that in the Sxy list, there's a parameter specifically for changing the instrument setting. It allows you to change the NNA mode as well as enabling/disabling the several envelopes like volume.

However, this parameter can't control the filter. This is probably an area that never has been touched since MPT 1.16.

Now, I don't need to have this option perse but I saw this when checking something else, and decided to notify you guys.

How often does it happen?:
Always

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Double click the parameter settings in the pattern tab, and from the list find the Sxy command that has sound settings or so. It has some free slots too, so it could be integrated.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

hmm, old question don't know if it's aswered yet...
You can (and i think you could on that version 2) control the filter really easy with SF0 (enable filter) and Z00-Z7E for the cutoff (Z7F will disable the filter again) and the Z80-Z8F for resonance. As for highpass and lowpass, you can allways open 2 instrument (one with default highpass and one with lowpass) with same settings if you need to use both effect.
I think that should cover about every control.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

as you can always EITHER have filter OR pitch envelopes active, the pitch settings (S7B / S7C) also apply for the filter envelope. on the other hand, it would probably be useful in some cases to switch between pitch and filter envelope, but this is not part of the IT specification.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

What about this one, LPChip? Have you finally thought about why you didn't close this one?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs