1.17.02.52 VST presets with cropped names

Started by Saga Musix, July 27, 2008, 22:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
not tested

Description of the bug:
VST presets that have names that start with numbers (like "90s Arp") are displayed without the trailing numbers ("s Arp" )...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Where do you see these names? Can you perhaps post a screenshot too?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I tried it with the Genesis Prototype:

The red area shows the preset name. MPT, however, only shows the cropped name in the presets list. Dunno if it's a plug-in bug or OpenMPT's fault since i don't have other VST(i)s with preset names that start with numbers.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I see. Can it be caused by the ' ? Eg. Do preset names without the ' or with, but no letters get it too?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

There are prests like "Sid's Pike", so it's probably a problem with number + apostrophe + text?

Relabsoluness

Does it show the name wrong also in the preset menu or just in the menu bar?

Saga Musix

Saga Musix

Apparently, the CreateVerifiedProgramName function does not accept chars between ' ' and 'A' as starting letters for a reason. As I can't see any sense in this, I'm going to remove that artificial limitation.