LPChip announces 'I was mental before too'

Started by LPChip, December 29, 2005, 20:57:47

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Oh yeah!

This will be big news for some of you.

As you might know, I've made a song called I was mental before. I've had alot of good feedback for the drums and the way the song was set together. I gave it as metal which seemed not to be true. I've also given bad comments about some sounds not being real.

What will be so spectacular then?

I've found the sound I'm after for this kind of music. Accompany this with drumpatterns written in the same way as in the 1st song will hopefully result in an even better song! I'm not yet sure if I'll add sounds like that wistle again. If I'll do it, then it'll be my little surprise for ya'll.

I actually haven't started yet, but I have planned this for some time now. I can't even say when I'll be making this, due to my busy schedule. Therefor, if I have a moment of urge (bursting inspiration so nothing works anymore and you HAVE TO track) I'll be working on the song! :)

Songlength hasn't been decided yet, but it will probably exceed 6 minutes. Style? Yet unknown. Could be another attempt to do metal.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Why not call it "I'm still mental"?  :wink:

Atlantis

Put an end to the loudness war. Don't limit or compress your mixdown until mastering; leave the master channel alone.

http://www.facebook.com/atlanteanrecords

LPChip

Well, I figured that too can also be written as 2 because if you speak it out, you can't really hear the difference. This is a sequal you know... :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Or you could make it a prequel, that's pretty in these days.

suggestions:

Before I was mental
I was mental before ZERO
I was mental before begins

Sam_Zen

Nice piece. "Mental Metals" maybe ?
At the beginning of the song I thought, ok, I hear a distorted guitar, but the rest of the sounds are still quite 'proper' (dutch : keurig). But halfway, when the funky bass and the fat drums come in, I began to like it more.
Still, obviously, as you know me so far, I have a comment about the 'solo'-material. It's, to my taste, too much correct according to the chord-scheme. No single note that is 'wringing' with the system.
Seen the elements you introduce at the end of the song, you should extend the length a little, to work that out.
As an argument, here is my attempt to make 'heavy metal' : Fire Fluid

LPChip

LOL, I think you misunderstood me in my first post.

That song is the old song I made about 2 years ago. I'm gonna make a new song which is say... Version 2. The sequal to this song. It will use all the new techniques I've learned today, and should be less perfect (but maybe not... :P gonna try atleast)

PPH

He, he. I will download it when it's ready, be sure.

Was this the topic you said I was going to like? I bet it was. You know I'm the "I was mental before" number 1 fan :D
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Quote from: "PPH"He, he. I will download it when it's ready, be sure.

Was this the topic you said I was going to like? I bet it was. You know I'm the "I was mental before" number 1 fan :D

Yup, You've got that right! :)

PPH

Quote from: "LPChip"

Hey! How come you joined the forum in 1969? I thought there weren't any Internet forums at that time, not to mention, there weren't any LPChips at that time :D
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Quote from: "PPH"
Quote from: "LPChip"

Hey! How come you joined the forum in 1969? I thought there weren't any Internet forums at that time, not to mention, there weren't any LPChips at that time :D

Dunno. Its because I've used webpanel installation to install the forum. It auto-registers an admin user with this date. If im not mistaken, its the linux time for 0.

Tmk

i won't waste your time on the name :)

I think that being in the place you are, and i mean this site builder, you are probably exposed to every improvement in OpenMPT, so you might wanna try and work with Vst.. Metal will not sound authentic without enough alternations of the sound, you might wanna try the Vibrato effect too.. it's H:xx..
you should work with instruments instead of samples, they will vary better because they contain plenty of noted samples of the same instrument..
For the guitars, i have some quality instruments of guitar that i can send you, and another thing, for riffs you should use Palm muted and open chords in combination.. just my opinion..

Anyway, after the critisizm  must say its a beautiful composition, the drums are fabulous, the BassGuitar is great, i guess everything but the sound of the guitars is great..

P.s. until i opened your module in OpenMPT i was sure you had vst to make the drums and the bassguitar sound better, shockingly i saw that its all your work with no vst..

closure: your composition is f*cking A+, and you showed me how to evolve myself in a few things by your inspiration.
"feel, deny, reveal, regain
touch my soul's part once again
and see into my eyes"
-Rotting Christ

LPChip

Quote from: "Tmk"i won't waste your time on the name :)

I think that being in the place you are, and i mean this site builder, you are probably exposed to every improvement in OpenMPT, so you might wanna try and work with Vst.. Metal will not sound authentic without enough alternations of the sound, you might wanna try the Vibrato effect too.. it's H:xx..
you should work with instruments instead of samples, they will vary better because they contain plenty of noted samples of the same instrument..
For the guitars, i have some quality instruments of guitar that i can send you, and another thing, for riffs you should use Palm muted and open chords in combination.. just my opinion..

Anyway, after the critisizm  must say its a beautiful composition, the drums are fabulous, the BassGuitar is great, i guess everything but the sound of the guitars is great..

P.s. until i opened your module in OpenMPT i was sure you had vst to make the drums and the bassguitar sound better, shockingly i saw that its all your work with no vst..

closure: your composition is f*cking A+, and you showed me how to evolve myself in a few things by your inspiration.

Im very pleased to hear that i was abled to shock you aswell as to get you to evolve a bit! Music and sharing is a great thing.

I recently have worked with G-Amp Classic VST in co-operation with a very high quality instrument of an electric guitar. In combination I've got a realistic sounding electric distortion guitar. This sound is what I've been looking for for soo long. For quite a while now, I've been using instruments and VST's. The song you've listened was actually made in Impulse tracker. (thats why the name is all caps and only 8 chars long.) There were no VST's yet and I hadn't focussed on instruments yet because it could be done in samples aswell. Downside was that one sample cutted the other which caused bad cymbals and drums etc. This will certainly not exist in the new song.

Im also thinking of adding a nice set of strings and a piano, but I'm still going to try making it metal (something I'm not good at, as I'm not really a fan of metal music :P)