[EP] [Electronica] Looking Back while Stepping Up

Started by maleek, July 02, 2008, 22:01:54

Previous topic - Next topic

maleek

My first netlabel EP was released yesterday on //www.mephtik.net

I thought I would let you know, since I've used Open Modplug Tracker for my main instrument for all the songs contained in the EP. This feels like a personal milestone, and I hope that those who take their time to download the EP will find it worthwhile. :)

Download it directly here

Also, I would warmly recommend people to listen to Blisaed, Serious Prof and the Ignition album on Mephtik. Especially Blisaeds It's Understandable EP is a favorite of mine.

Sam_Zen

I got a download failure on the direct link to the zip. But this is probably due to my current W98 environment.
So I had to go to mephtik.net, and choose the HTTP download options.

This is very good work. Especially in the envelope production of the songs changing the mood inside it.
Drums are behaving a bit static throughout, but I guess it's part of the genre.

maleek

Thanks for the kind comments Sam!

I also would guess that 98 can behave a bit erratic by todays standards. It is ten years old after all.

mrvegas

A little bit better than most techno, I thought.  I liked all three of the songs, and there was a good amount of variation of sounds in the tunes.  The last one was the most interesting, although I thought the drums were a little too loud.  

On the technical side, I liked the fact that the files did not sound over-compressed.  Much commercial techno frankly makes my ears tired in a short period of time.  Again, if it's meant for the dance floor, heavy compression may serve a purpose by keeping volume levels loud and even, but for listening purposes your approach was much better.

Sam_Zen

A nice point, mrvegas. There's a defined difference between the needs of dancing or listening people about the performance o\f a song.