Main Menu

Apologies

Started by residentgrey, June 16, 2008, 03:38:14

Previous topic - Next topic

residentgrey

I just wanted to officially apologize for the lack of progress we have had with the forum/site redesign. Between my reorg, work, and life stuff, and LP's work situation, we have had neither the bandwidth nor the time to devote either to the project. On behalf of myself, I am sorry.

Any help is appreciated. PM me features you would like in the new site and forum.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Sam_Zen

No need for an apology as far as I'm concerned. As long as the site is running well and has good navigation, it's fine by me.

My first suggestion would be about the header-bitmap of the page if one opens the forum. It says 'MODPlug Central'.
I think it should be 'MODPlug Forum', because 'MODPlug Central' is already claimed by http://www.modplug.com/
Which could be considered as a 'portal'.

KrazyKatz

I think the forum is fine, but the site could use some serious redesign. People have a better idea with a graphic or two, and we could look into other tracker sites for ideas. Essentially I'd like to attract more users to Modplug. More Users, more potential for progress.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

älskling

I agree with KrazyKatz. Forum is fine, the rest leaves things to be desired. I think of the other tracker sites Renoise is the only one worth drawing inspiration from. Nice clear site with standard forums.

Harbinger

You know, in my old age i get accustomed to even the least intuitive interfaces. Red is my least favorite color, the site's efficacy is clunky, but this is how i know it and have come to love it.  It's distinctive "personality" and the friendliness (or at least civility) of those who use this site make this one of my regular visits, even if i'm not contributing or expecting anything.

If there are changes, give us all a chance to weigh in on SPECIFIC ideas. This site has features that many other sites do not, such as editable posts, uploadable avatars, and moderators who give a damn. I'm happy with plain old meatloaf if it's made right.....

LPChip

When the new site is being made, I will try to add support for more than just one skin. I already have idea's on how to pull this off without having so much trouble.

I know, phpBB also offers this, but then I have alot of hard work to get things like the logo right, which is too time consuming.

But once the new system is ready, it will feature a development module system that allows me to add functionality easilly.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs