VSTi drum mapping?

Started by Saga Musix, June 21, 2008, 19:10:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Okay, I'm trying out VSTSynthFont and I'm trying to set it up within OMPT.
However, I don't get the drums working.

If I set the drumkits from within the VSTi GUI, everything works fine. You can assign one patch to every channel. However, now I want to do that in OMPT. So I copied the Midi Program (and increased it by 1, as MPT starts at 1 and the VST at 0) and the Midi Bank (128). This doesn't work! I just get the standard midi sounds from Midi Bank 0 (i.e., normal instruments)! How can I set up the drums correctly?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

I tried it and failed exactly the same. Seems to be a bug either with OpenMPT or SynthFontVSTi (or VSTSynthFont whatever the author wants to call it) not sending/receiving MIDI bank changes quite right.

Perhaps SFZ is a better option? (I haven't tried it tho...)

LPChip

I see that there's no sample number behind the instrument. I have had trouble with this too. Can you create a blank sample and assign it, to see if that changes things? Its a shot in the dark though...

EDIT: also, Drums are usually played at channel 10. (midi channel 10 is reserved for drums by the general midi standard)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

LPChip: It also didn't work with empty samples which I had first.
I know that you play drums *normally* on channel 10, but it's obvious that it should also work this way with this VST, like it does with XG for example.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.