[EBM / Synthpop] Enigmatic Path (IT, OGG)

Started by Saga Musix, July 01, 2008, 17:15:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

The second release for today, wohooo! :D I'm on a roll!
This is a dark tune with quite a few styles in it... Synthpop, EBM, Industrial and I'd say, even a bit of ProgRock (the guitar :D). Hope you like it! No VSTs are required this time (but they enhance the overall quality), since I tried to do everything with my tracker skills. I could even say, this is the new summit of my skills.
Download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

mrvegas

This one also had a very 80s feel to it.  I thought the production values were much better.  (Interesting, considering it was more of "tracker" tune than the other one.)  Nice little catchy hook on the guitar.  I didn't find it all that dark at all.  (Except for the intro, which was really cool.)

Saga Musix

thanks for the comment. it's true that the tune is not really that dark, but I wanted it to be, and I failed at several places :D but I like it nevertheless.
Quote(Interesting, considering it was more of "tracker" tune than the other one.)
yeah, this may be a result of the heavy channel usage of every single samples. E.g., that bell lead samples consists of a bell and a string sample which take 3 channels each + 3 echo channels. This way, I could get a detailed sounds whithout using f.e. big stereo samples.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

CrazyAznGamer

sounding good. pretty oldskool. guitars don't usually gliss, so you might be better off just smackin' them notes down. ;)
46 channels... reminds me of those nuskool tracks before everybody went midi....

Saga Musix

bvanoudtshoorn

I agree that this track sounds much more "professional" in its production. Really solid work here, Jojo. I thoroughly enjoyed this track. :)

Sam_Zen

I was forced to take the mp3 version, because when I loaded the IT into MPT, it asked for a VST.
Then MPT was abruptly shut off, when trying to open the file again.

Enjoyed this track too.
Quoteguitars don't usually gliss
What's wrong with doing things electronically, which are not possible on a 'real' instrument ?
I have a nice piano sound on my Casio SK-1, and sometimes I used portamento or vibrato while playing..

Saga Musix

The plugins aren't necessary in this tune, I just used them for mastering (not for single instruments).

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"What's wrong with doing things electronically, which are not possible on a 'real' instrument ?
indeed! :)

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

i like that bass-synth... nice one... though the drums could be a little harder imho  :)

very oldschool indeed
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Saga Musix