Your musical background

Started by Squirrel Havoc, December 28, 2005, 14:47:36

Previous topic - Next topic

apple-joe

Great discussion. I discovered modules a few years before the new millenium. At first I was convinced that I'd never learn how to compose such good sounding music.

However, I came up with an idea. I was desperate. I admired the authors of the music. I thought that if I chose a module I liked, and made a copy of it (in which I removed all the notes), I could LOOK at the original song, while typing in the notes from that song in the - now empty - file. This way I learned how the tracker thought. I re-created his/her work (and then deleting it), and saw how the process worked.

I think that's what got me started really. I learned some things by this. Then I continued experimenting on my own. I actually made some experimental (still very amateur) but sincere pieces, before I more or less quit.

It was all very spare-time oriented. Never attended any music lessons.

Then I bought a guitar in 2002. After learning it, MODplug tracking came a lot easer and was interesting again. THEN, I learned music theory, and now everything makes sense. Still, I haven't uploaded any music for review, and I have been very on/off regarding tracking. I think it's the last year or year+few months I've created quite some tracks.

Waxhead

Quote from: "Bubblenugget"
Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"To me the Crystal Method sounds like fake Chemical Brothers. ;)

According to Kazaa, what's the difference?  Ever song in the world was written by both.  lol

And, no.  I hate kazaa.

To me it's two dirrent styles of music even if they are close :) Anyway my personal favorites from both of them are The Crystal Method - Keep hope alive and The Chemical Brothers - Setting sun!

Damn I'm off topic again...  :oops: