[New Age/Pop] Drained (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, June 12, 2008, 17:11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Here's my newest gem. :)

This song is called Drained, also made with MODPlug Tracker and like last time with Windowed Experience, I've also uploaded a movie version to youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3KFGTIFgUIM

The song is 5 minutes long in the style of New Age/Pop. The quality of youtube is a bit bad, but luckelly, I have an mp3 version available too! :D

http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/LPChip-Drained.mp3

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

A beauty, LPChip. With a touch of melancholy, I must say.

Of course a tube has lower quality, also because it sounds like mono.

I didn't understand an aspect of the movie really :
Why is it, that every time the grey part of the pattern is skipped to the black part, where I hardly can see anything ?
[pause]
Ah, now I see. You have 'Show Prev/Next patterns' enabled in the settings.

bvanoudtshoorn

You have a very unique style, LP. There's something, I don't know what, that shows your chip background, but it's like you've taken that to a whole new, hitherto unimagined level. (I've always wanted to use hitherto in a post... :P)

There's a little distortion on the toms, and the hats seem a little "flat", but I think that that might just be the MP3 compression. And I really like that synth arpeg you introduce. You've got a good chord progression - it's simple, but original, so the piece doesn't end up being just another pop track. Nice work. :)

LPChip

Actually, the tomb could be distorted just a little bit because I did applied a limiter on the entire mix to put the volume down a bit so it wouldn't clip. Nevertheless, I like it the way it is now. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

Very very very smooth :) It's good to see you composing again. And great results after the break!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

I'm glad you like it :D

I just had to turn into a new direction. I am now more into New Age, where I was into Lounge. I can still make lounge, but New Age just gives me more satisfaction somehow. :)

uncloned

LPChip

Quote from: "uncloned"very nice Mr chip