Instrument Sample Map

Started by Sylus101, June 15, 2008, 16:42:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylus101

Okay, I've learned that a single instrument can use several samples so this will be perfect for my issue of needing a few different tones of guitar samples, but I've got an issue now...

Here's what I've done:
1. Created a sample of a c chord and loaded it in.

2. Created a sample of a c chord one octave lower and loaded it in.

3. I started with the first sample as my instrument and then went into it's sample map and mapped the octave lower (C-4 to B-4) to the 2nd sample.

The problem, as I'm gathering the more versed here will have already predicted, when I play C-4 I get sample 2's C-4 where what I'm wanting to hear is sample 2's C-5. Can this be done or will I need to manipulate the tempo of the sample beforehand...
Currently listening to The Sword

älskling

It can be done. Where you map the second sample you can also change the note, in fact it's in the column next to it. First column is the note you want to map, second is the actual note played (change it by pressing the responding key on your keyboard, in your case press C-5 on C-4) and third is as you know which sample to play.

LPChip

Its handy to know that you can use this method instead of using the buildin editor which probably is even quicker too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"the buildin editor
hehe, I had forgotten about that one... Don't use it! It's just no good.

Sylus101

Ahh, okay. I was bringing up the sample map editor and I don't think it had that option there. Will be giving it a try asap.
Currently listening to The Sword