[progresive rock]improv a mess(mp3)this you can download

Started by uncloned, May 29, 2008, 11:02:51

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Sam_Zen

Sorry for the disappointment, but I still wasn't able to make a straight file-download from any of the two links.
So, as exception, I decided to play it streaming high quality, while recording it with my wav-editor.

It's a nice imp on the guitar, but it is spoiled by the heavy compression of the file, to make everything as loud as possible.
Now it's drowning in the soup of the other instruments.

uncloned

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Sorry for the disappointment, but I still wasn't able to make a straight file-download from any of the two links.
So, as exception, I decided to play it streaming high quality, while recording it with my wav-editor.

It's a nice imp on the guitar, but it is spoiled by the heavy compression of the file, to make everything as loud as possible.

Hi sam zen

what is an "imp" - improvisation?

there was no compression involved - none.
No post-production at all actually except some echo on the lead
- and all of the guitars were recorded direct in from an DOD FX7 effects pedal. (even the fade in stuff - that's a setting)

(but the feedback IS real.... heh)

I just tried this link in firefox to be sure and again - it wants registration...... I got faked out on that.

bummer.... ok

try this

http://www.neuon.com/uncloned/chrismusic/vaisvil+improvamess.mp3

This should sond better but not as good as the 320kbps version.

it is not like modplug is getting enough traffic to be worried about his bandwidth....

uncloned

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Sorry for the disappointment, but I still wasn't able to make a straight file-download from any of the two links.

also, interestingly enough, steve gilmore (remember him?)
called the recording clear and punchy...

sounds like two different recordings?

älskling

The recording sounds nice in my ears, perhaps the cymbals get a bit too much for a low bitrate mp3 but that's another story.

As for song hosting, did you know you can upload songs to modplug.com?

uncloned

Quote from: "älskling"The recording sounds nice in my ears, perhaps the cymbals get a bit too much for a low bitrate mp3 but that's another story.

As for song hosting, did you know you can upload songs to modplug.com?

I did upload a song to modplug

it said an admin or something had to ok it

I have yet receive notice that is was accepted

I have received no notice at all

this was many days ago

so...... what is that possibility worth?

älskling

Quote from: "uncloned"so...... what is that possibility worth?
Good point... I suppose Mister X have been busy.

Nahkranoth

You'll never receive any notice. What you need is just to search for your song after upload and post the link here.
And here you can see the list of latest uploaders:

Maybe that song on top of it is yours?
I can't download it for some reason, maybe it's because of random letters entered in every field :D

uncloned

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"You'll never receive any notice. What you need is just to search for your song after upload and post the link here.

I can't download it for some reason, maybe it's because of random letters entered in every field :D

I'm crazy... but quite that crazy!

Thought (Didn't You) is mine

Where do I find the link for it?

And how long does it take to get an upload passed?

Sam_Zen

As älskling I also had the suggestion in mind to upload to the MP Download centre.
But I agree about the confusion after uploading a file, with that message about the ok of 'some admin'.

I experienced it lately again. Uploading a file, but not being able to check the list whether the upload was succesfull.

If Mister X is very busy, maybe it's better to change this procedure and apply the new uploads instantly.
Then afterwards, Mister X still have the opportunity to remove something, if not appropriate.

uncloned

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"As älskling I also had the suggestion in mind to upload to the MP Download centre.
But I agree about the confusion after uploading a file, with that message about the ok of 'some admin'.

I experienced it lately again. Uploading a file, but not being able to check the list whether the upload was succesfull.

If Mister X is very busy, maybe it's better to change this procedure and apply the new uploads instantly.
Then afterwards, Mister X still have the opportunity to remove something, if not appropriate.

Ok - I will upload the 320kbps version of Improv a Mess to ModPlug - that is the best quality I can do without resorting to FLAC.

where do I go to get the link for the file to post in the forum?   It is uploaded - where do I get the link?

uncloned

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"You'll never receive any notice. What you need is just to search for your song after upload and post the link here.

I am Chris Vaisvil

used to be chris and the clones until a nitwit threaten to sue everyone on MP3.com with clones in their name - and there were a lot -20 or 30 artists on the list..... anyway I elected to change my name instead of have my artist page on hold until they lost. (I don't think Aussie trademarks apply in te US? - whatever)

Sam_Zen

2 Nahkranoth
How did you get that screenshot ?
If I select MP3 files in the MP download center I get quite another page.

Nahkranoth

Here's what I did to reach that page:
1. Go here
2. Press "Search" without entering anything. You'll get the most recent uploads at the top.

Sam_Zen

Nice tip. But I also noticed a bunch of spam there.