Sad-Happy News

Started by KrazyKatz, May 24, 2008, 01:15:00

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

There has been a bit of talk about the status of our programmer Rewbs. So I recently had a chat with him.

For those who don't know, Rewbs has been our lead proggrammer and developer for OMPT.

..Until recently.

He's decided to hand over the reigns. Like all of us he was in it for the enjoyment it brings working with our little program . But as can happen over time, that enjoyment is no more. Being busy with many another project and constantly growing in his skill, I can completely understand how over time the thrill of once was can be lost. I can only say that he's making the right choice in his decision. OMPT is a project fueled with love and if it no longer serves his benefit, than he should most certainly make way for the next person whom it will.

I would like to thank him for the tremendous amount of effort hes put into the program. He has benefited us INCREDIBLY with his implementations, fixes and testing of our little-big software. He has advanced OMPT to a status where it can sit amongst the finest commercial music producing software available.

His leaving has left big shoes to be filled.

And from my talk with him, there is not a better person to to do this other than our programmer Relabsoluness. I would in addition like to wish Relabs a heartfelt congratulations of truly earning the lead programmer position. No one can doubt that he's the man for the job.

I hope that this event can also inspire others to take interest in advancing OMPT. But in the meantime I just want to say once again,

Thanks a lot Robin...
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

Hear, hear.
Stopping with this voluntary work is the personal freedom of choice of Rewbs, Respected of course.
So a specific 'pattern of development' will stop as well.
I want to bow deeply for Rewbs for his many contributions, making the the further development of OMPT possible.

bvanoudtshoorn

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, KrazyKatz. Many thanks to Rewbs for all his work so far. And many thanks to all of the other developers, too, especially Relabs. All of your work is greatly appreciated.

And thanks to you, KrazyKatz, for chasing this up.

älskling

Many thanks to Rewbs and Relabsoluness! Most excellent work!

LPChip

Rewbs,

Thanks for the time you've put in this. I also understand your position, and I wish you well. :)

Would you ever feel the need to help out again (probably not the first years) then you can always contact me :)

Relabs, I'm very confident in your abilities to program, and as you know: if you need help with anything, you can always ask me. I can't guarantee that I can help but I most likelly can. :)

KrazyKatz, thanks for chasing this. :)

With all this, there's a thing for me to do now. It only seems right to do this, and thats changing who's admin from Rewbs to Relabs. Congrats Relabs :) You deserve it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

sad to hear, although i knew that this would come sooner or later. we will miss you. but we will also continue! openmpt doesn't stop here. now that i finally got VS2003... :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Rewbs indeed deserves thanks for the great deeds done for OMPT. While I feel there's much to hope for in my competence in trying to fill the void left by him, I'll trust that the development team as whole, betatesters and other active people have more than enough potential to keep OpenMPT on improving.

Sam_Zen

Congrats, Relabs. And thanks for accepting to be an Admin, because it's also a job with responsability.
And yes, I'm very confident about the continuity of the developments.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Congrats, Relabs. And thanks for accepting to be an Admin, because it's also a job with responsability.

Uh, Actually... I didn't ask XD But I felt it necessary, and I'm quite sure Relabs wouldn't mind. :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Asharin

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Congrats, Relabs. And thanks for accepting to be an Admin, because it's also a job with responsability.

Uh, Actually... I didn't ask XD But I felt it necessary, and I'm quite sure Relabs wouldn't mind. :P
Smooth!

Congrats Relabs, and I also add my thanks to Rewbs for his prior efforts!
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

well... there's only one word that comes to my mind:

THANKS!

and good luck for your future projects, rewbs.
(i hope this has no effect on your MWP stuff)

we'll miss you
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

residentgrey

What IS Rewbs working on now? Just curious...
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

maleek

A big thank you from another user to Rewbs.

We are many who wanted to see OMPT grow, and grow it did.