my improvements were ignored...

Started by phanoo, May 06, 2008, 14:17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Waxhead

I code a bit myself and I do believe that most developers prefer to work on other things than replacing icons and simmilar tasks. I personally like the minimalistic look of modplug like it is and I would rather get more features implemented before doing anything about the icons ;)

The point here is that even if icons and other "minor" stuff is submitted there might be more important things to do first. Considering the feature requests here on the forum there are tons of things that seem more important than "polishing" the GUI.

A reason for the equalizer to not be implemented might be that the new equalizer (if not adjusted flat) does not reproduce the old sound from the previous equalizer 100% the same. If you however had a option of selecting equalizer(s) it might be more interesting IMHO.

Anyway this was just my view on things. Keep hope alive guys ;)

phanoo

yes, i'm agree with you, MANY improvements are more useful that modifying the GUI. but when someone not in the development team do the work, it's not really hard for them to include it to the build !

they have just to replace the old icon file with mines, and replace a few lines of codes (to allow MPT to use more than 16-colour icons)  :wink:

Saga Musix

I'd really love to see the new icons in MPT. phanoo, can you upload that resource file somewhere?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"I'd really love to see the new icons in MPT. phanoo, can you upload that resource file somewhere?
Take a look at the "devBranch_1_17_03"-branch in SVN; the icons have been committed there.

Saga Musix

thanks, i'll have a look. btw, can you add me to the developers list at sf.net? my username is saga-games.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.