[Progressive Trance (?)]No Way Back[mp3]Barryvan compo entry

Started by aGIANTpupafish, May 03, 2008, 18:41:39

Previous topic - Next topic

aGIANTpupafish

heya,

not sure how to catagorize this, I guess it's trance :P

this was my barryvan compo entry for last month. came 2nd.

http://flabby.tv/NoWayBack.mp3

comments and criticisms please.

Some background to this.

The 'inspiration' was this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/karloskar/40790049/

I guess what i got from the picture was the idea of a family fleeing their home - which was
being destroyed for deforestation or for burning the land down for McMeaty burgers.

And for them there was no way back.

I have the .it if anyone wants it, but it uses lots of VST(i), but these should all be available at kvraudio.com

All done in OpenMPT, of course. :)

Agh this post is getting a bit long...
just like this track! :nuts:

Thank you for 11 minutes and a bit of your time. (=
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Sam_Zen

Trance. ok it could be. It's a very nice landscape about the deforestation until around 4:00,
then it becomes indeed involved with the meat-burgers with the house-beat. But turned out into something positive.

Saga Musix

the 808 hi-hat is pretty loud in comparison to the other samples. in exchange, the lead is quite silent! :) Well, except that flaws, I like your tune :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

The production quality was not great, but the thing that bothered me more was that this is actually two songs in one, of completely opposite moods. I'll listen to the first part when i wanna relax, but when i need my mind to move, i listen to the second movement.  I almost trashed the song without listening all the way thru because i wasn't interested in listening to nature! I skipped thru and found the trance. Separate the sections (completely) and you have my vote!

mrvegas