Insert Instrument

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), May 01, 2008, 06:09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi,

The possibility to insert a new instrument in the instruments list BETWEEN two others, would be nice to keep a clear view of all the instruments.

Indeed, if during the making of a song, you decide, let' say, to add a new guitare instrument, I think it is more suitable tu place it right next to other guitar instruments.

Unfortunately, it is not possiblie if you already have loaded other kind of instruments after the previous guitar samples.

So you're forced to have, for instance: Instr1=guitare, Instr2=percussions, and Instr3=second guitar.

Whereras it would be nice to put Instr3 at Instr2's place, so we have all guitars "grouped"...

bvanoudtshoorn

+1 on this.

I actually think it'd be nice to have an instrument organiser like the channel organiser.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

le_parasite

L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

aGIANTpupafish

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Sam_Zen

Strong arguments by Jojo, so I agree : +2 ^^ :)

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

It is now possible to rearrange / insert / duplicate instruments through the treeviews:
http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=88
http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=30
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Oh, I just figured out there was an answer here, just 5 years ago...Better late than never :-D

Well, I'm not sure to understand, though, how to do the instruments move/insert etc...

Saga Musix

In the tree view on the left side, you see a folder containing all the instruments of your module. If you right-click an instrument and choose "insert instrument", it will insert a new instrument after that instrument slot. You can also rearrange instruments in any way using drag&drop.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Oh, OK, I couldn't see it, as I always masked this part in my OpenMPT sessions ;-)

Thanks !

Saga Musix

You'll be surprised what kind of useful powerful tools are hidden in there then. ;)

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)