Request: music for my game project

Started by Forestknight-25N, April 18, 2008, 04:12:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Forestknight-25N

Hello, I am working on a computer game called Stable Plasmoid ("Splasmoid.") The music format used by the game will be XM format. The musical style ideally should be similar to the music common to arcade games in the late-80s to early-90s (think Gradius, Earth Defense Force, Gunstar Heroes. Scroll down for MIDI links if you don't know what I'm talking about)

It's best if you do not charge, however if you simply will not have it any other way I'll be willing to discuss a price per-song (or per-hour, whichever works for you) with you. Please reply and let me know if you're interested...I'd appreciate it greatly, especially since I've been looking for a musician for my games for almost a year now.

My AIM is DavinFeive

It is best to email me, my address being adept25@pacbell.net

If you don't know what I've talking about, here are some example tunes of the style I'm looking for (they are MIDIs of existing game tunes various fans have made)

Gradius

Gradius2 Stage 1
Gradius Stage 1
Gradius Stage 4

Gunstar Heroes

Mines
Ruins
Final Attack
Don't go, there's a dimensional shambler waiting at the DOS prompt!

LPChip

You might want to add some more information about your game: type of game, screenshots, etc.

Things to motivate the people you're going to attract.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

Don't forget to poke around in ModPlug Central. Many of us have uploaded alot of tracks there, and alot of them have no license. Even still, if you find one that fits in with your project, licensed or not, clear it with the composer out of courtesy. And if you find a composer who seems to have the feel for music that you want in your game, PM him from here.

Sam_Zen

KrazyKatz

I spoke with the guy and it's a small project so I'm taking it on.  So I suppose for everyones info, the position has been filled.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com