Nintendo DS port.

Started by Louigi Verona, July 16, 2008, 14:01:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Is it possible to port MPT to NDS? Is it a difficult task?

bvanoudtshoorn

I think that that would be extremely difficult. In the meantime there's always Nitrotracker (forums at TMA) which is pretty good. :)

Louigi Verona

It is not too good. It has no effects, all you can do is just put melodies, like midi.

LPChip

I heard that the IT format was too demanding for the DS and that they already have alot of trouble getting the XM format right.

I have little hope for seeing any IT format capable program for the NDS.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

The odds for milkytracker or chibitracker being ported are better (but still slim)

Really Weird Person

Obviously, your main controls (such as the channels (columns) and rows (pattern editor) would be on the bottom, unless you put that on the top and put a keyboard on the bottom. Hmm, that sounds nice. It would probably amost have to be like a Windows keyboard though because navigating through the patterns would be hard unless you wanted to wait a long time for some of them to play through! Hmm, just thinking about how it would be layed out is difficutl. The concept does indeed sound very nice though.

Louigi Verona

No difficulty - remember, you have the touch screen and stylus.

Snu

heh, never gonna happen. aside from mpt being too linked to windows AND the x86 architecture, the ds wouldnt have anywhere near the power needed to run it decently (or for that matter, screen resolution).

my suggestion, get a pandora (http://www.openpandora.org/) when it comes out. probably wont ever have mpt (again, too linked to windows and x86 cpu), but it will definitely have chibitracker, and im betting some more complex stuff as well.
plus, it has a keyboard and touch screen, its practically made for tracking :)

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "Snu"heh, never gonna happen. aside from mpt being too linked to windows AND the x86 architecture, the ds wouldnt have anywhere near the power needed to run it decently (or for that matter, screen resolution).

You probably don't know the full potential of NDS )

Screen resolution is not a problem - the menus will have to be remade.

But I agree it won't happen.

Really Weird Person

I just looked at the Pandora page. Based on the fact that it runs Linux, that will definitely not have Modplug Tracker unless it is ported to Linux. :lol:

residentgrey

doesnt madtracker, and impulse tracker, have nix ports, among a whole host of others?
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

maleek

Give Nitrotracker a chance, it just got a huge upgrade and is quite good in it's own right. Of course, it doesen't run VST och VSTI:s. But if you start a song on the DS, you can finich it later on the PC. :D

http://nitrotracker.tobw.net/