.52 Caching problems?

Started by Saga Musix, April 15, 2008, 17:12:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.52

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
Yes

Description of the bug:
Description of what I did: Because of the filename bug in .51, i made a copy of all my plugins that contain a dot in their filename in another folder. after the release of .52, i removed that folder, deleted the plugins in Modplug and added the original ones again. after restarting modplug, it tells me that it wasn't able to find some plugins - the ones i REMOVED before! the new ones weren't in the list, but the old ones were!
Probably some cache problems...?

Edit: Moved to the issue tracker: http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=18
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Quite possible.
(I know I've nagged about this before, but I still consider using dots in filenames as asking for trouble.)
The registry could be involved too here. Containing dead links to files.

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"The registry could be involved too here. Containing dead links to files.

I think this is likely. Try running regedit and searching for the plugin filenames.

LPChip

I doubt that, cus all references to the registery has been removed somewhere around build .28 so it became portable.

(unless you refer to something else ofcource)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Oh, OK. In that case, edit your plugins.cache file. :)

Saga Musix

you're both wrong :P
it's actually the plugins.cache file that's messed up :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

What are you talking about, Jojo? :P

Saga Musix

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"And I'm wrong because...? :nuts:
It's not in your nature to be right ;)

LPChip

Quote from: "älskling"

I'm in the middle, but what has that to do with any of this? :nuts:

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "älskling"

I'm in the middle, but what has that to do with any of this? :nuts:
That's the spirit, never give up!