[Soundtrack (Techno)] Quadrant METL-642 (mp3) UPDATED!!

Started by Harbinger, March 22, 2008, 04:02:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Quadrant METL-642

I view this one as a chromatic and engineering experiment as i was learning how to use MPT. One of the nice things about the tracker software is that, since i hafta pull my own sounds to be played by the sequences, i can go beyond what would normally found in a single keyboard/sequencer. This allows for broader aural experimentation. The inspiration grew in front of me as i learned MPT, and applied many different basic FX to the samples and loops.

The main reason i even found MPT was that i wanted to compose music for Unreal Tournament 99. Good backdrop music in that game should not be attention stealing, so i kept the melodic line subdued, the bass line predictable, and the meter quick but steady. So if you find this song a little, shall we say, vacuous, keep in mind i had to keep it like that for my goal. It serves well as background music but not much more.

Free to download, but only for personal use. Always accepting input, whether harsh or glowing.

bvanoudtshoorn

Harbinger

Sam_Zen

Harbinger

I've revisited this track and touched it up. But the main objective was to get back the original sound quality. So i went back, added a little personality to the song, and remastered it, converting it to a better .mp3 quality. Heavier DL but worth it if you liked the original music. Just start from this page.

Sam_Zen