Narrator Weirdness

Started by Really Weird Person, April 02, 2008, 02:10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

That is weird. For some reason in Windows XP, when Narrator is running in conjunction with Modplug Tracker, Sam does not say "Insert" when Insert is pressed. Perhaps there is a flaw in Modplug Trackers code that does not allow Narrator to say "Insert" when Modplug Tracker is running. Here is a worse one though and I would have to say that Microsoft is at fault for this one.

In Windows Vista, when Narrator is running, Anna will say "Insert," but the Insert key is essentially disabled. Insert will neither paste nor turn on overtype mode. Has anyone else noticed these issues (the one about Modplug Tracker in XP and the one about Vista's coding flaw)?

Saga Musix

I don't use these programs, but I can well imagine that Modplug captures keys and therefore doesn't pass them to other apps.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I mainly use Narrator because it can be funny. Those flaws are not exactly "funny," (especially not Vista's, that one is actually annoying), but beyond those flaws, the Narrator can be funny at times.