1.17.02.51 two minor bugs in removing channels

Started by Snu, March 31, 2008, 13:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Snu

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.51

Has the bug occured in previous versions?: not sure

Description of the bug:
using the channel manager window and remove/reorder channels tab, clicking a channel doesnt hilight it, only ctrl-click seems to (maybe this is the way it was designed, but it seems rather inconvenient).
the second bug isnt a big deal, but its a little strange. on the general tab, when you remove channels (either by the channel manager, or in song properties), if the total channels are no longer a multiple of 4 it shows removed channels in the grayed out sections that should be blank.  saving and reloading the module makes them go away.
there is also a little inconsistency to this bug, removing the channels with the channel manager results in duplicates of the last few channels in the module no matter what is removed, but with the song properties this only happens if the last few channels are removed.

How often does it happen?:
seems to be always, tested with .it and .xm

How to reproduce (step by step description):
create a new module, enter names in the last channel, then remove any  channel from the module.

Saga Musix

Quoteusing the channel manager window and remove/reorder channels tab, clicking a channel doesnt hilight it, only ctrl-click seems to (maybe this is the way it was designed, but it seems rather inconvenient).
I guess this can't be corrected. With left-click, you drag the channels, and with right-click, you remove them.

Quotethe second bug isnt a big deal, but its a little strange. on the general tab, when you remove channels (either by the channel manager, or in song properties), if the total channels are no longer a multiple of 4 it shows removed channels in the grayed out sections that should be blank. saving and reloading the module makes them go away.
I'm not sure if I got this problem correctly. Do you mean that the old data is still visible?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Snu

wow, this was replied to almost a year ago... just was looking back at my post history, and saw this one.  
yes, jojo, the channel names are still visible.
i took a screenshot to help illustrate, this is the result of removal of channel 16 through the song properties, and channel 12 through the channel manager.
http://www.snuq.com/temp/mptchannelnames.png

Saga Musix

Yeah, I also experienced that before, but didn't find it worth fixing yet. :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.02.00. You may close this thread yourself then (edit first post and set the status in the topic title to S=C).

Snu

partially fixed, it now updates properly if a channel other than the last one is removed.. but if the last channel is removed, the 'ghost name' still is there.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this has been fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.03.00. You may set the thread status to S=C then.