.48 Copy & Paste bug in MOD files

Started by Saga Musix, September 20, 2007, 19:09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
not tested

Description of the bug:
Some copy&paste stuff does not seem to work properly with MOD files.
If you copy an effect, it will change.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Comparison XM and MOD:
write the Effect F01 in the effect colum. mark the "F" and press ctrl+c! now, move down and press ctrl+v. in XM format, everything happens like expected. in MOD format, the pasted effect will be 101!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Confirmed. Even when marking "F01".

LPChip

Sounds like it is being interpretated as an IT function during copy, and pasted ad an XM/mod function.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Tested some other codes in a MOD file, and they all changed after pasting :
C -> D, E -> 2, A -> F.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Tested some other codes in a MOD file, and they all changed after pasting :
C -> D, E -> 2, A -> F.

It confirms my suspicion, because these commands (left side) is the command in IT, where the right side is the same command in XM.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

You're right.
After checking the effects code-lists, I found a workaround for this.
The XM-list has a complete copy of the MOD codes, plus some extra from H to Z.
So it's perfectly safe to convert a MOD to a XM, the codes will stay the same. (Not the other way around of course).
Because this copy/paste works correctly in XM mode, then the editing of a MOD could be :
~ Open the MOD
~ General Tab : Song Properties -> XM
~ Do the editing
~ General Tab : Song Properties -> MOD

Nahkranoth

Another fine example of this bug:
When you try to copy LPChip's pattern from here http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=1987.0 into OMPT you get the same notes but effects are messed like crap. Instead of volume slides I get pattern breaks and note cuts are missing. The module type is set to IT by default

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Another fine example of this bug:
When you try to copy LPChip's pattern from here http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=1987.0 into OMPT you get the same notes but effects are messed like crap. Instead of volume slides I get pattern breaks and note cuts are missing. The module type is set to IT by default
Pasting works fine for me when pasting the whole text including the first line "ModPlug Tracker IT", not just the pattern part.

Nahkranoth

2Relabsoluness I paste the first line too so the problem still exists. I'm using 1.17.02.48, it's the most recent ver as far as I know. Maybe someone can verify this, because I got a riddle here :?

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"2Relabsoluness I paste the first line too so the problem still exists. I'm using 1.17.02.48, it's the most recent ver as far as I know. Maybe someone can verify this, because I got a riddle here :?
I tried it again, and this time it didn't work, but when pasting the text into a text editor and removing an empty character at the end of line 'ModPlug Tracker IT', then it seemed to work.

Nahkranoth

Thanks, Relabsoluness! Now it works fine :oops:

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.