.50 Odd pattern menu

Started by Sam_Zen, March 28, 2008, 01:44:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

It's not really a bug, because it doesn't do any harm, but more as inconvenient behaviour.

If a channel of a pattern is set to Solo, the context menu of that channel button shows also a choice of:
On transition : Solo

Quite superfluous I suppose.

Saga Musix

it is probably not. if you (accidently?) check "on trasition: unmute all", this is neccessary again. also, if you consider the order in which the 3 transition option (which i honestly have never checked), it may be also useful.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Of course, after "on transition: unmute all", the choice for "on transition : Solo" should be there again in the menu.
But it's quite irrelevant if the channel already is in a 'Solo' state.

The same would be, if a channel already is muted, to have a choice of "on transition: mute".
But in that case it's done correctly by changing the choice in the menu into "on transition: unmute".

Your reaction triggered me to check this again, and now I understand why this solo-option is there.

Because, if a channel is in solo-state, and one opens the context menu, there's no detection whether this is
the only enabled channel. So if 3 other channels are enabled too, it would give the same menu.
And in that case, the "on transition : Solo" is a valid option of course.

Saga Musix

Because, if a channel is in solo-state, and one opens the context menu, there's no detection whether this is
the only enabled channel.
This check is there (because the "solo" option won't be available), but as said, with the current implementation it's rather tricky to do this calculation both with the current state and the future state of all channels. I might look into this if I find some time, but it's not really important to me (especially since the channel context menu doesn't shop up in the pattern context menu anymore).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.17.03.02. You may set the S=C flag in the first post yourself then, without further comments.