[Lounge/New Age] Windowed Experience (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, March 24, 2008, 17:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

mrvegas

I heard another track where someone had done this a while back, but I think I like this one better.  It's amazing to me what people get out of the windows sounds.

Anyway, the track itself sounds very smooth.  I really liked it.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

WIFT

Well, I know I'm late here, but I can't help myself to react even two years after the last post...

That tune is so nice, so the Windows sound even does not deserve to be used in it. Especially the drums. They are relatively bad in comparison with the rest (of course, they are good in respect to the stuff you decided to work with). And although I do not have the source MOD ;-) I did a little experiment with it and mixed part of the tune with a drum sequence (from 13th second) that immediately came to my mind when I was listening to your song for the first time (drums played by real human, ripped from one local album, time-expanded to fit the loop). The experiment can be listened here: http://music.wrapuch.net/mp3/Windowed_Experience_drum_modification_sample.mp3
I especially miss there the light drum roll with snare, that is main point of my post. The sample is far from perfect, I didn't correctly aligned the drums, nor set the volume, etc, it is just about the concept.

I apologize for bastardizing your great work, but I really can't help myself. If you wish you may delete this post :).

LPChip

I see what you mean with the drums.

I basically went for a complete different style which also makes it that I started the drums later. I wanted to give this kick when the whole thing starts. It gives some kind of adrenaline rush when the piece gets past the intro.

I have the feeling that starting with the drums prematurely will spoil this aspect that is otherwise achieved.

As for playing with my song this way, I really don't mind until you make a full recording and then claim it to be your own. Doing this kind of experiments is a great way to learn, and as fellow musician, everyone should play to learn, right?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

WIFT

It was not really my intention to put those drums right there as it is in the example. I just wanted the drums to be more clear, so I put them in this part where there music is still not "evolved" enough and therefore did not override the drums.

Quote from: "LPChip"I really don't mind until you make a full recording and then claim it to be your own.
That's not my cup of tea ;) (at least I hope so).

Tony

LPChip

Quote from: "Tony"Its very neat LPchip! Good work :]