Compiling Source with VS2008

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 23, 2008, 10:57:54

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Hiya,

I just got me a copy of VS2008 (for free, thanks to a Computer Science degree! :D), and I can't get the OpenMPT source to compile. The error I receive is:

StdAfx.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\\include\sdkddkver.h(217) : fatal error C1189: #error :  _WIN32_WINNT settings conflicts with _WIN32_IE setting

Any help? I'd like to be able to start poking around in the code, but I don't want to start until I at least know it'll compile. :)

Thanks!

Relabsoluness

Try adding line
#define _WIN32_IE 0x401
right after line  
#define WINVER   0x0401
in file "stdafx.h" (if this doesn't work, check the documentation: e.g. press F1 when cursor is on text "_WIN32_IE"). When I compiled OMPT with VC2008, the GUI had the 'old style'-look like in MPT 1.16 - I would interested to hear if the same happens for you.

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks! That got the ball rolling... right until it tells me it's missing dsound.h. :/

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Thanks! That got the ball rolling... right until it tells me it's missing dsound.h. :/
I think I had this problem as well. My guess is that the file is in DirectX SDK, which may have to be downloaded separately.

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks... I'm downloading the DXSDK now. Anything else I should get while I'm at it? :)

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Thanks... I'm downloading the DXSDK now. Anything else I should get while I'm at it? :)
Not expecting clear and understandable code and having a good proportion of persistence might prove useful :P

Relabsoluness

Did you get the code to compile?

bvanoudtshoorn

You use Perl?

Performing Post-Build Event...
'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"You use Perl?
No. But good that you got it compiled.

bvanoudtshoorn

Yeah, it compiled. :) And yes, I got the old windows interface. Obviously the resource xml file isn't being included.  :shock:

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm... :/ Just fiddling with little things, like redoing the icons to use Tango icons (which are nice and 32bit). Can't get it to work, though. :( I'll tell you what - working with icons this way is *much* clunkier than in Delphi. :)

residentgrey

BTW has anyone reshacked MPT successfully? I never tried it yet. one could do some amazing things to it that way.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

bvanoudtshoorn

Yeah, I've reshacked it a couple of times. I replaced the splash screen with my own.

Thing is, when you reshack, you have to use *exactly* the same image format - colour depth, width, and height, or it doesn't work. :(