Negative amp value => invert phase

Started by Saga Musix, March 12, 2008, 15:00:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

This is (from what i know) possible in Milky and it's quite useful in my opinion...
Sometimes, you want to invert the phase of your sample (for example to create surround sounds). Instead of introducing yet another feature, it would be quite handy to do this via the amplification on the sample tab... Positive values should work as before, but negative values should work the same way but invert the sample's phase, i.e. it is turned around by 180°.

Implemented in OpenMPT 1.17.02.53
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

anboi

yes! seconded. very good idea and while it's something that's useful enough that i wouldn't mind an extra button for it your solution is nice and elegant and easy enough to use as well. (especially if it remembers your last settings).
i frequently flip the phase on stuff to either get round very short time delays on vst plugins making things phase cancel or to stop phase cancelling when using multiple drum hits from different gear at the same time (mostly bass drums). having to copy and paste to a sound editor to do it is not exactly hard work but over a few dozen samples it gets tedious. great idea!

Sam_Zen

Support ++++
Great concept. It can skip the need for all kinds of workarounds with sample-codes.

Saga Musix

i'm trying to implement this right now... :)
EDIT: It's working, but now the amplification input field also allows letters to be typed, need to fix that...
EDIT: Fully working now.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.