hi im new and i have 2 questions(sample playback & keybo

Started by Squastki, March 03, 2008, 15:13:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Squastki

ok, loving modplugtracker so far so big respect to the guys who made it!

I did search on this by the way but couldn't find anything about it. sorry.

1. how do i make so when i hit a key to listen/drop a sample, you hear the length of the sample of the duration you hold the keydown, and not so it just plays ALL of it?

2. have do i set up the keyboard map to the oldskool style Z is C1, S is C1# etc etc?, this tracker has an odd layout to me.

Saga Musix

1. is not possible, i think (at least if you don't have an external midi keyboard)
2. go to the settings -> keyboard and click "load keys". there's probably already a key map that fits your needs. if not, you can configure every single key in this dialogue. but if you get used to modplug's keyboard layout, you'll recognize that it's more compact and easier to use if you have several octaves.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Squastki

1. ah ok
2. cool, found out it was 'US_it2_(lpchip).mkb' i needed.

thanks alot!  :)

älskling

1. You make it an "instrument". The fadeout of when you release a key is specified by the "fadeout" value. You can also edit the volume envelope in the instrument editor to suit your needs. A "sustain" loop will only loop until the key is released. Unless of course I misunderstood the question completely, which happens a lot lately.

LPChip

In order to make sure that releasing the key from the keyboard will also stop the sound, convert the sample to an instrument. You can enable envelopes etc, but its not necessary. Releasing the key by default will use the fade out value, but you can use an envelope with a sustain loop to alter it to your likings.

Secondly, To archieve the same in the patterndata, enter a note-off command (===) The IT keypreset has this in the ~ key (notecut ^^^ = 1)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs