Midi to Mod Problem

Started by datasun, February 14, 2008, 14:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

datasun

I have a midi file which I would like to save as a mod. I am using modplug tracker. However in order to achieve this I need to hit the "convert to samples" button. There is a message saying "this operation will convert alls instruments to samples and resize all patterns to 64 rows."

The problem is, that notes are missing now and there are some strange sounds.

Anyone know what to do?

Janina

Saga Musix

I guess that you want to convert the imported IT file into a MOD file, right?

To remedy the pattern length problem, you have to set the pattern import length to 64:

To solve the sample problem, you actually have to load the MIDI samples from the treeview (left part of the screen) into the sample slots again or use your custom samples.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

datasun

Quote from: "Jojo"I guess that you want to convert the imported IT file into a MOD file, right?

To remedy the pattern length problem, you have to set the pattern import length to 64:

To solve the sample problem, you actually have to load the MIDI samples from the treeview (left part of the screen) into the sample slots again or use your custom samples.

Thank you, this is working. However the notes are not correct in some places. What can I do against this?

älskling

Quote from: "datasun"the notes are not correct in some places. What can I do against this?
You can change the notes manually. A conversion between midi and mod will never be perfect, but with some practice, hard work and a little bit of love you can come close.