This song was a lot of fun to write. I got to play with samples of
  • Boomwhackers (hit against the head);
  • An e-bow;
  • Washing machine and dryer whacks;
  • A drain cover (bowed, I think);
  • Assorted "glitch" percussion (which I often use);
  • A music box;
  • A grater; and
  • Assorted "normal" instruments, including a synthy lead, some pads, and a piano.
Lots of fun...

I tried to make the beginning of the track quite "cinematic", because I wanted a strong contrast between it and the "dancier" section. I didn't want this to be just another techno/dance track, so it's quite experimental (at least for me :D).

You can get it here.

Saga Musix

nice track indeed. i like all the noises :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

Excellent mix. Where did you get the weird sounds?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

According to my reputation I ought to say : -where were the weird noises ? :)
It all goes according to an harmonic setting and tone.
But that's just my perspective, and it doesn't matter for the experience.

It's a very pleasant piece, with a very good envelope in time, and as said, excellent mix.

I know an 'e-bow' as a rather peculiar tool used on strings of e.g. a guitar. A friend of mine has one.

bvanoudtshoorn

@KrazyKatz
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Excellent mix. Where did you get the weird sounds?
I got them from here. Most of them are for Kontakt or GigaSampler, but you can still extract the wave samples if you want.

Glad you enjoyed it, KrazyKatz.

@Jojo
Thanks! I like 'em too. :)

@Sam_Zen
Yeah, I thought you might. :) Yeah, the e-bow makes some pretty weird noises. It's the low drone that comes in from place to place. I'm glad you enjoyed the track.

KrazyKatz

Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

Hmm. I got no permission for that link, due to some security scanner.
While my system is absolutely clean. Message :
"you need to disable the Stealth Mode Browsing feature". A dangerous advice.
It's probably because I have the referrers disabled in my firewall.

bvanoudtshoorn

I have no troubles, Sam_Zen... So I'm guessing that yes, it's your firewall.

tvdude

Looooooooooove it. L.O.V.E. it! Oh, did I mention I love it?  I love it.  This would work very well as a soundtrack for an extended trailer to a movie.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

bvanoudtshoorn

Glad you liked it so much, tvdude. I'm guessing it's one of my better tracks, then... :D

Harbinger

I loved it after the first few bars, and only hoped that it kept up with good development. I was not disappointed. As a scholar of music, it's nice to hear music which is nice to the ears even if it's not rated as "considered" music (in the sense of well-thought-out). Where there is a lack of melody and bass movement, this track instead caresses the ears with VERY well-engineered samples and their placement within the stereo spectrum. I can hear everything; nothing seems washed out or bleached, and the bass-to-treble ratio means i don't have to lose my attention to good music poorly mixed. IOW, cool track, dude!! :wink:

Mostly i like it, coz it's the kinda stuff i compose!!! :P (It's nice to hear it from someone else's computer....

Nahkranoth

Great sounds you've got here, BV! I love the percussion track. Can't say that about synth part though.
At first glance it may seem somewhat repetitive, but I imagined that as a soundtrack and everything went fine :wink:

mrvegas

Nice tune -- I almost hate to say it, but I like your techno stuff better than your classical music.  It's more to me like what computer music can be -- fun, but not limited to the standard techno repetitive patterns.  Like everyone else says -- great sounds.