[DUPE] Export each instrument as a seperate track

Started by KrazyKatz, February 05, 2008, 22:27:03

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

Instead of having to 'solo' each instrument then 'save song as wave' each time for every instrument, I would like an option that 'saves every instrument as a seperate .wav'.

This will make it much easier for those that mix in other programs and need each instrument in its own channel.

I imagine this shouldn't be such a difficult endeavor to implement.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Sam_Zen

What do you mean by 'solo' each instrument ? I haven't found an option to set an instrument 'solo'.
One can set a channel as solo, but that content could be quite different from a single instrument.
And this is used in the 'Wave export' dialog when the 'Channel mode' is enabled. Each channel gets its own wav-track.

älskling

Sam Zen: You can 'solo' instruments by right-clicking on them in the treeview.

Sam_Zen

Thanks a lot!! So far I had this treeview disabled, because I thought it was just taking monitor-space from the song.
But this contextmenu offers quite some useful options.

Btw : why do I see a questionmark in front of each instrument-name in the list? (An XM was loaded).

LPChip

The ? is for if you use an ITP file. It indicates that there hasn't been specified a path to an .iti yet. I think it shouldn't occur in an .xm file though...

As for this request, I think it has been requested before.

EDIT: must've been on the old forum. Can't find the topic.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Thanks a lot!! So far I had this treeview disabled, because I thought it was just taking monitor-space from the song.
But this contextmenu offers quite some useful options.
The treeview is in my humble opinion one of the best features of mpt.

Saga Musix

great to know, i didn't know this feature yet! i also get the questionmarks in IT and XM modules...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.