C64 & Amiga Mp3 collection (Full HVSC#47 in Mp3)

Started by Waxhead, February 03, 2008, 20:15:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Waxhead

Hi folks!

I just want to inform everyone that the SOASC= project is now back online on a faster server. We provide a Mp3 alternative of the HVSC#47 and currently available is a total of 48483 SID tunes in Mp3 format.

Also FYI we are working on a similar project for Amiga music where over 100'000 files are scheduled for recording. This should without doubt be one of the largest Amiga music collections available and the recording are currently in progress. This project is not released yet and is expected to be finalized later this year.

Both projects are of course non-profit! ;)

We would like to invite everyone to have a look at our site(s) and if you have a suggestion or two you are more than welcome to leave a little comment on our forum as well.

The SOASC= project : www.6581-8580.com
The SOAMC= project : www.paula8364.com

Enjoy folks!

Sam_Zen

A very good project !
And a nicely designed database.

As my addition, one can find a tool to play a SID file here.

KrazyKatz

Another insane initiative which proves once again, that if you want to do something, then go out and do it.
Way to go guys!   :D
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Waxhead

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"A very good project !
And a nicely designed database.

As my addition, one can find a tool to play a SID file here.
Great but the main reason for the project is that a real C64 sounds quite different from a emulated one - Try a few tunes vs the SID version and I bet you find it out for yourself pretty soon ;)

LPChip

It certainly is a great idea!

Although I was like: the HVSC can be listened using a SID plugin, the idea that it was produced using real SID hardware (read, either the HardSID card or a C64 chip) makes it more interesting though! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I'll go and look for my favourite tunes there ASAP :D
EDIT: Yes, it sounds indeed quite a bit different :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Waxhead

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Btw : what's HVSC ?
High Voltage Sid Collection - the largest collection of SID tunes ever. Without it this project would not be possible since it's based on that collection.