[Ambient] Sleepy Wake (MP3) My first song

Started by ultim8p00, January 30, 2008, 21:05:33

Previous topic - Next topic

ultim8p00

So this is my first song ever made with modplug. It's not too long because it's my first song and I wanted to keep it simple. I've seen people release abysmal first songs just because they tried to make the next Halo soundtrack.

Here it is, I hope you like it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?axbs0iapolj

Gaspy Conana

That's really good. Sounds like you've had experience with tracking (or at least audio production) before. What other programs have you used?

ultim8p00

Thanks! I have zero experience with trackers (or audio). It is my first song. I tried to study other songs and see how things work before trying to make mine. I am a game developer though, so maybe that's making my brain do something.

Sam_Zen

It just sounds as an introduction to something, so what should I say.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Not too bad! You've got some nice ideas happening here. I like the fact that you haven't put a kick on every beat. That can get kinda boring. :) Keep it up!

Sam_Zen

I agree with BvO about the kick.
The mp3 tag says the year '2000'. I suppose this was done outside your attention.

ultim8p00

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I agree with BvO about the kick.
The mp3 tag says the year '2000'. I suppose this was done outside your attention.

What does that mean? Does the year affect the kicks or something?

Edit: I see what you mean now. I think I could change that with modplug, but idc much. It's just a year.

Also, I would like to mention that these are Ceekayed's sound effects that I used to make the song.

Sam_Zen

Of course the string '2000' in the file doesn't affect anything in the song. And of course it's no big deal.

But I like to archive things, so then it becomes a property of the file.
So I just changed the data in the meantime, and added your name as Author, in the file.

What's Ceekayed ?

mrvegas

Cool sounding song -- too short, though.  For your first tracked song, the sound quality is very good.

By the way, I think Ceekayed refers to an individual who does a lot of tracked music.  I know he has a lot of stuff over at Modarchive.

Saga Musix

yeah, ceekayed is a super-awesome artist, just check out ayulan, it's incredible :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.