New update?

Started by terumi, September 11, 2007, 16:29:23

Previous topic - Next topic

terumi

Hi all...

Does anybody know when will we have a new version of the mptracker?
It's been along time...

LPChip

That depends on what you see as new version.

We currently are at beta build .48 (not RC2, as its outdated and .28 )

But if you indeed want to know when .49 is being released, then I can give you the most basic answer there is:

It'll come when it comes :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

A new update ? Please give me a break.. I still haven't explored all facets of .48 yet. :)
And, although developments probably never stops, I don't find it so self-evident that there always should be a new version anyway.
And just asking for it, without any reasoning, well ...

If I like a program and decide to make it my main tool, I'm not that eager to ask for newer, newer. And I will check an update criticly every time, if it still suits my expectations of the program. If not, for example by adding silly things, bringing the developments in the wrong direction imo, then I could decide to keep the former version as my final version, no more updates.

Diamond

I think that the reason for asking is self evident.  New features.  Personally there are still quite a few on the "to-do" list which I would like to see implemented.  Like an improved tempo lock option for looped samples, native support for VST preset banks and more direct control of VSTs from the pattern view without the need for MIDI macros.
I recognize that the developers have lives and that improvements come as time allows, but it never hurts to ask.  Sam_Zen, I understand and respect your opinion in reference to not constantly requiring newer features, but I also think that it's safe to say that a large percentage of us would like to see the development of MPT continue at a reasonable pace.

terumi

beta build .48 ....
I was in RC2

Never got into the beta builds section (I know, that was very stupid of me)...

Thanx LPChip for the relevant answer...

LPChip

Quote from: "terumi"beta build .48 ....
I was in RC2

Never got into the beta builds section (I know, that was very stupid of me)...

Thanx LPChip for the relevant answer...

You're welcome. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

maleek

LPChip:

At least we can hold you to your almost biblical quote "It'll come when it comes" translated to that it shall come. ;) According to my research it will happen when the Moslem's earthly world is united under the banner of Judaism. You see, it is all there in the old testament. 8)

LPChip

Quote from: "maleek"LPChip:

At least we can hold you to your almost biblical quote "It'll come when it comes" translated to that it shall come. ;) According to my research it will happen when the Moslem's earthly world is united under the banner of Judaism. You see, it is all there in the old testament. 8)

Uh... Who told you that?

I bet uh, that they are wrong! Yeah, it must be!!! I can't be lied to all those time!!! Can't Be!!!! :nuts: :)

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"I can't be lied to all those time!!! Can't Be!!!! :nuts: :)
You crack me up little buddy

LPChip

Quote from: "älskling"

Does your crack needs to be filled up? Uh... that sounds weird :P

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "älskling"

Does your crack needs to be filled up? Uh... that sounds weird :P

I am pleased that something I write can sound weird to you, that makes us equals in a way. Cheers brother!   :D

maleek

QuoteUh... Who told you that?

I have my sources. :twisted: Mwuahahaha.

Complex_Buttons

Will MPT ever have full SoundFont support? This would greatly increase the usability of MPT.

LPChip

Quote from: "Complex_Buttons"Will MPT ever have full SoundFont support? This would greatly increase the usability of MPT.

Ever is a long time, but to be honest, I can't answer that question for you.

I can tell you though, that there are VSTi's out there that can load soundfonts.

I use sfz to play soundfonts. Its the best thing you can do at the moment.

Really Weird Person

With the new updates though, did anyone address the thing that I had talked about before in regard to the pattern labels (or whatever you call them), the ones on the top (as well as the pattern number thing in the upper left-hand corner)? I did not see any changes to that at all. As for the Windows key thing, I would imagine that that was not easy to implement!