Whats a +++ pattern

Started by Kak, January 12, 2008, 14:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Kak

What does exactly do the +++ pattern?

I've had a problem saving a file as MOD and not being able to play in any player other than modplug. I removed the +++ pattern and it's working right now. Is this a bug or the +++ pattern has another function which I'm not aware?

LPChip

The ++ pattern is an IT only pattern. Basically its just a seperator in the orderlist so you can keep things look nice and make it easier for you to edit the song.

I usually have groups of 4 patterns because they are part of a movement in my songs, I then seperate those movements with ++'s.

When OpenMPT encounters a ++ pattern in the orderlist, it will just skip them.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"The ++ pattern is an IT only pattern.
Half-truths seem to be pretty common on this board :P
In fact, Scream Tracker 3 introduced these seperators, so it's a S3M / IT feature.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

I always wondered what those were for. Time to make use out of em.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

aGIANTpupafish

how do you make a +++ pattern?  they've always looked useful but i've never worked out how :/
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "aGIANTpupafish"how do you make a +++ pattern?
With + and - keys when focus is on a pattern number in the sequence.

Saga Musix

insert a 0 pattern and press two times "minus". you'll first get "no pattern" and then the seperator pattern. if you have no pattern at the current position, you can of course press minus only 1 time.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

aGIANTpupafish

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

LPChip

And another handy tip is:

If you already have one ++ pattern in your order list, you can rightclick it, then insert pattern to create another one which you can then drag into position.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

I encountered something interesting one time when I did an OpenMPT to IT conversion. I was curious what would happen when I did one, so I did one! Afterward, I had a lot of pattern positions that had "BUG" written in them. I thought that it was interesting because I had not seen it before. I did also have one separator pattern at the end.