[DECLINED] Pattern Tester

Started by Really Weird Person, January 09, 2008, 02:35:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

This is a feature that I think would be nice. There should be a feature in which, after you a specified number of patterns, Modplug Tracker memorizes that and ensures that the pattern orders after that are the same. For example, you copy a set of 6 patterns. Modplug Tracker would memorize the order of those 6 patterns and, once you copy the next 6, check to see if they are the same. If one or more is not, it displays a thumbnail of them in red, or displays the entire pattern in red to indicate that it does not concur with the program's memory. Do you understand what I am saying?

LPChip

I do, but I don't see a reason for that unless I misunderstand you.

The whole reason for being able to duplicate a pattern is so you can modify it afterwards. If you want them to be the same, just enter that pattern number more than once.

Eg:

[1][1][1][2][2][...][..]

Oh, and on a sidenote: we do have a requests forum. Can you make your requests in there next time? Moving this one there now...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

That is true, but not quite what I mean. What I mean is that you have a song of five patterns. The tester would tell you if patterns after five are the same as the previous ones. I think that a visual representation would be better, but I cannot give that from within this post unless I go through many steps. I think that Print Screen would make it a lot easier, but that does not work for pasting in Internet Explorer, only Outlook (for sending it to other people that is).

Sam_Zen

A visual representation of some property can be a useful tool. In this case if the content of two different patterns is the same.
Related to the pattern cleanup thread, as an indicator. So, as with LPChip's example, if nr 2 is equal to nr 1.

Not to forget, if one edits the second pattern 1 of LPChips row, the first pattern, also nr 1, will change as well.