[Happy Reggae] One hapPy day tOgether (MP3)

Started by jikoo, December 26, 2007, 13:14:20

Previous topic - Next topic

jikoo

Hello,

Song name: One hapPy day tOgether
Licence : Creative Commons
Genre: Happy Reggae
File format: mp3
File size : 5.57 Mo
Kbps: 160

I made this music at an happy morning :wink:. I used OpenMPT with few VSTi. I played with my midi keyboard all organs.

Download or listen (streaming) to this music on my website.

I have a page on MySpace.com and SoundClick.com. See in my website.

There are many other songs made with OpenMPT on my webpage

What do you think about my music ?

Thanxx !
Woolyss Tracking | Woolyss Chipmusic

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Sam_Zen

Hmm. It's nicely made. Clear production.

But an offbeat organ is maybe not enough to make it real reggae. This could be a Disney-soundtrack as well.

And (a personal matter of taste, nothing musical) I don't think this King sample is quite appropriate
to serve in such a happy party atmosphere, using as a fill in an intermediate part.
He was more in pain, than happy, I guess. But if the contradiction is intentional, it's ok by me.

jikoo

Thank you for your post Sam_Zen,

With OpenMPT, I compose before all for me not for a possible production. I know it's not a real reggae, I am musician in a reggae-fusion group like a drummer. I prefer to play with them than alone on my computer, and sometimes i use my creations for my group. :wink:

I choosed this King sample "I have a dream today..." like a great happy dream. I know like everybody the story of black people in the USA, and it's not happy at all ! The contradiction is intentional. It's like a reminder to a better life, isn't it !

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Sam_Zen

bvanoudtshoorn

I like this track. C'est très bien! :D It's very good! It's fun to listen to, and I like the fact that it's got a pretty solid A B A structure. The ending might go on for a bit long, though... Overall, though, I like it. Je l'aime bien! I like it! Puis-je dire que c'est supercool? :wink: Can I say that it's supercool?

Translations for LPChip.  ::)  :wink:

LPChip

Care to translate the french Barry? XD

My french isn't that good :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Confused too. A french talking aussie with a dutch surname..  :)

bvanoudtshoorn

jikoo

Hello guys !

Sam_Zen, I am happy to know my surname is dutch ! :wink:

I choose my surname because it means "time an space" in japenese and it's a blend of my real name's initials too. :D

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Sam_Zen

LOL .. More confusion.. I was referring to Barry's surname.

2 jikoo
Nice pack of software you have on your website by the way..
And I really enjoyed "introoduction". A pity you did not edit the ID3 tag.

jikoo

Sorry about Id3 Tag MP3. Never i use. I forgot it. ::)
... and sorry for my english. My vocabulary is really poor, isn't it !

Ciao,

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

Sam_Zen

Quite poor indeed, twice "sorry" in one post :)

But you should take the effort of using the tag. It's a better promotion of your songs, because that's the
information people will see when they play the song.

jikoo

Hello Sam_Zen, :D

You will be happy !!! :lol:  I put ID3 Tag inside my all MP3, on 1 server. On the other server. I can't !

See, it's here

See you later,

jikoo  :wink:

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]