Task designed Compo, are you up for one?

Started by LPChip, December 10, 2007, 08:18:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you participate in it?

Yeah, cool!
2 (28.6%)
No, I don't have time... sorry.
2 (28.6%)
I might, but there's something that keeps me from saying yes. See my post.
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 10, 2007, 08:18:47

LPChip

There are annual compo's and there are task designed compo's which usually is a one time only compo, with a few exceptions for compo's that were so good that they were held once more.

The annual compo's usually are: submit one of your latest unreleased songs and see if its good enough, while a task designed compo is one that requires certain rules to be followed.

I've been thinking about a concept for a task designed compo.

The compo will be named MultiStage Compo. The idea is that you'll create a song using a set of rules, let it be judged, then modify the same song using another set of rules, let it be judged again, then again and maybe again. The modify is not so much about changing the song, rather than to add to it. The winner is based on the different scores they get throughout the stage. I don't want to spoil that much about it yet, but the main question is: are there people up for a compo?

Do note that, because its a MultiStage compo, the duration probably will last longer than an average compo, but it probably doesn't require that much work for each stage, as it would for an average compo.

The compo will not be for modplug only, and streamed formats are also allowed.

EDIT: oh, I've voted "I might...", because thats the best way to not mess with the votes X)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

2 other people voted for: maybe, see my post, and no post that goes along... weird :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

aGIANTpupafish

i'd love to particpate, it would be good fun
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.